Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Model X Launch Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to throw a little fuel on this fire, I recently started up a random conversation with someone in the know who I overheard exuberantly discussing the recent SpaceX RUD at a restaurant. Turns out this person seems quite credible with access to the inner sanctum, but I will not go further to identify. This person stated that the MX line is ready and waiting, and that betas have indeed been produced. He alluded to this summer as being a rather arbitrary time for roll-out, stating that Elon and his engineers wanted the dual motor format to get some more real-world testing before releasing the new vehicle, citing sleep mode as a reason why this was felt necessary to start with. All makes sense to me, and this person was of high credibility IMO. No details about the release date of the beta :(

Just to throw a little fuel on this fire, I recently started up a random conversation with someone in the know who I overheard exuberantly discussing the recent SpaceX RUD at a restaurant.

Someone who truly had that kind of access to information and the *inner sanctum* would likely know better than to have random conversations with strangers about what is really going on at Tesla. imo.

I'd guess it was more likely they'd heard it second (or third) hand and perhaps exaggerated their access to info to make it sound more credible. Not that anyone would ever do that, of course. :)

Someone who truly had that kind of access to information and the *inner sanctum* would likely know better than to have random conversations with strangers about what is really going on at Tesla. imo.

I'd guess it was more likely they'd heard it second (or third) hand and perhaps exaggerated their access to info to make it sound more credible. Not that anyone would ever do that, of course. :)

I truly cannot think of what motive/secondary gain that I would have of spreading rumors here, but be that as it may, one can believe it or not. Whether this person (or the group that he/she was with) truly are privy to this information is up for debate, but I did not get the impression that he/she would BS about this, but you never know. As for his/her credibility within the organization, it sure would take a lot of effort to get a group together and fabricate business cards etc for the purposes of spreading false/exaggerated information. That said, as with any source, you cannot take it as verbatim, but what he/she said was very much in line with other rumors of the sort, so I felt it worth disseminating. Which, is that not the point of this thread?? At least this is not my first post!

To be clear, I wasn't saying YOU were doing anything but reporting what you were told. I just question the veracity of someone claiming to have access to those in the know at Tesla, but not knowing better than to share this type of info. That's all. It was not questioning your statement of facts.

- - - Updated - - -

And to further clarify, I've heard conflicting statements from those at executive level at Tesla who have intimate knowledge of the X. I sometimes think they're playing with us. More than one person at the company has had me say to them, "If you're not going to show it to me, just .. SHUT. UP. NOW."

I do remember George B telling me about how they'd change one thing on the website and then take bets as to how many minutes it would take before reported on TMC.

I'm sure there is some true info on this thread, might be by chance, might be directly passed on by someone in the know. But again, after hearing so much conflicting info, I just want my invite to the party so I can see for myself.

I'm just going to wait for the invite from Tesla before I decide if things are true or not.

:)

rain-on-my-parade.jpg

Staaaaahp!

Turns out this person seems quite credible with access to the inner sanctum, but I will not go further to identify.

Seems to me that anyone with provable access to inside information might well find themselves subject to an SEC inquiry as Tesla is well into a quiet period ahead of Q4 ER. (Although I'm not questioning the poster in this case)

This person stated that the MX line is ready and waiting, and that betas have indeed been produced.

That's already known.

He alluded to this summer as being a rather arbitrary time for roll-out, stating that Elon and his engineers wanted the dual motor format to get some more real-world testing before releasing the new vehicle, citing sleep mode as a reason why this was felt necessary to start with.

Makes sense but it's not new and has been theorized on TMC more than once.

All of us on here have a tendency to make 2+2=5 but the only thing that will add any level of certainty to a event/launch date will be the invite from Tesla. With all the things going on at Tesla and SpaceX I'm still confident enough to wager that there will not be an X event prior to Feb 18th.

I have mixed feelings about the timing of the release anyway. On one hand, I'm extremely eager to see the vehicle. On the other hand, the longer we wait, my guess is that the more stable the early products will be. Now, to be clear, I expect that Tesla won't release the vehicle in an "unstable" form. However, more data points are always helpful in finding things nobody expected.

Given that Tesla is likely to make everything "right" anyway.. I lean towards seeing it sooner!

To be clear, I wasn't saying YOU were doing anything but reporting what you were told. I just question the veracity of someone claiming to have access to those in the know at Tesla, but not knowing better than to share this type of info. That's all. It was not questioning your statement of facts.

- - - Updated - - -

And to further clarify, I've heard conflicting statements from those at executive level at Tesla who have intimate knowledge of the X. I sometimes think they're playing with us. More than one person at the company has had me say to them, "If you're not going to show it to me, just .. SHUT. UP. NOW."

I do remember George B telling me about how they'd change one thing on the website and then take bets as to how many minutes it would take before reported on TMC.

I'm sure there is some true info on this thread, might be by chance, might be directly passed on by someone in the know. But again, after hearing so much conflicting info, I just want my invite to the party so I can see for myself.

I agree with bonnie's summary here.

The only difference being, personally I'm probably a bit more interested in the intrigue of deciphering rumors and considering their veracity - as companies won't always tell us everything we can (or perhaps even should) know, that's where the interwebs helps! One just has to keep the critical antennae tuned in all the time. Well, that part isn't much different from deciphering corporate communications. :)