Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Model X Launch Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Flacon 9 launch is now NET Feb 8th at 6:10pm EST. So, no go on the 9th for an X reveal because they are attempting to land the rocket on BargeX! (which is a BFD © )

Model X is the payload in the Falcon 9, revealed in zero gravity (where Falcon Wing Doors work flawlessly).

Or perhaps a Model X is on the barge, and when Elon releases video this time instead of smoke and the rocket slamming into the ocean, smoke slowly lifts to reveal Model X.

Seriously, Falcon 9, Falcon Wing Doors...Falcon 9 rocket standing up as backdrop at Model X reveal.

As Bill Simmons says, "these are my readers..."

I hope this rumor is right, but for some time I've been thinking more like April or May before we see the X.

1) That would leave two months for people to configure for July delivery (though I suspect first deliveries more likely in August or September). 2) that would minimize any disruption of Model S orders and deliveries an X reveal may create. The Model S order backlog is 3-4 months, and the X may begin deliveries this summer, but wont likely hit high volume production until late in the year. It just seems to me Tesla has strong incentives to hold off on the X reveal as long as possible so as not to risk a several month stretch of being demand constrained rather than supply constrained via X cannibalization of order backlog and incoming orders of the Model S. Again... I hope I'm wrong about all this.

I hope this rumor is right, but for some time I've been thinking more like April or May before we see the X.

1) That would leave two months for people to configure for July delivery (though I suspect first deliveries more likely in August or September). 2) that would minimize any disruption of Model S orders and deliveries an X reveal may create. The Model S order backlog is 3-4 months, and the X may begin deliveries this summer, but wont likely hit high volume production until late in the year. It just seems to me Tesla has strong incentives to hold off on the X reveal as long as possible so as not to risk a several month stretch of being demand constrained rather than supply constrained via X cannibalization of order backlog and incoming orders of the Model S. Again... I hope I'm wrong about all this.

This is the case if TM recent history teaches us anything. Many people cancelled orders, then reordered when the 'D' came out. Many that just missed were quite upset at their 'just missed'. We get a new thread every time someone misses one of the new hardware items. It would be smart if TM can try to time deliveries of the first big production of Ds overseas before they release the X. In addition, it gives them time to get thorough real world testing of the AWD/single motor sleep to make sure it works perfectly before releasing their much anticipated third vehicle. Finally, maybe, just maybe, there will be an improvement in battery form/chemistry that can be put into the X. Reveal in the spring, Founders series, Bonnie's X, then the rest of the Sigs/production in the summer.

edit: While I believe the above to be true my stock/LEAP positions would be greatly helped with the announcement of the reveal date and firmer production time line at the CC for 4thQ2014 in mid February.

Last edited:
If it is in California, I'd prob drive to the reveal. Will be a good opportunity to test Torque sleep (assuming we get it by late January).

(I do have a Model X Reservation, so hopefully I get an invite (considering I've had 3 teslas in a year))

Why anyone bothers to reply to this nonsense of a rumor from some first time poster is beyond me.

It isn't impossible, though, that someone coming to grips with a hot piece of information might decide to register a throwaway account just to post. It seems quite human nature, actually. Wanting to share but protecting your identity.

Very recently some Model X related CAD drawings got out by a first-time poster and turned out to be something that got a Tesla ultimatum sent to TMC. It seemed to be the real deal. It happens.

Of course, equally, it could just be someone trolling and looking for reaction, so you'll never really know. You can speculate and try to connect other dots to see if the post is likely true or not.

It isn't impossible, though, that someone coming to grips with a hot piece of information might decide to register a throwaway account just to post. It seems quite human nature, actually. Wanting to share but protecting your identity.

Very recently some Model X related CAD drawings got out by a first-time poster and turned out to be something that got a Tesla ultimatum sent to TMC. It seemed to be the real deal. It happens.

Of course, equally, it could just be someone trolling and looking for reaction, so you'll never really know. You can speculate and try to connect other dots to see if the post is likely true or not.

Maybe it was Elon. You know, after it seemed someone started managing his Twitter account and deleted his posts referencing future features/work, maybe he's got an itch to get some information out. haha ;)