Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snowden did not intend to stay in Moscow. His visa was canceled by the US once he left Hong Kong but before he landed in Russia. He couldn't board his next plane to Cuba (stopover before Ecuador). They knew he'd be stuck in Moscow when they canceled his visa.

So it is not "his fault" he has become a Russian citizen....... A proper moral compass can deal with hiccups.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Yeah, I have been seeing reports the "criteria" they put out has been a total farce (just like the official claim this is just calling up reservists, and not a full blown draft) and people that have no military experience whatsoever have been drafted.
Surely having large numbers of completely ill equipped, barely trained men, who don't want to be there at all will actually hinder any chance of better results on the Russian side? Seems a pretty good way to ensure you lose the war and probably start a coup. It's utterly cretinous.

Conscripts being told to get relatives to send them car first aid kits and tampons as the army is only going to provide them with "uniforms and armour".
I think I'd feel a bit let down if I were them.

'uniforms' and 'armour'

Be a while since I've seen words do so much heavy lifting...

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 5.25.35 PM.png

Surely having large numbers of completely ill equipped, barely trained men, who don't want to be there at all will actually hinder any chance of better results on the Russian side? Seems a pretty good way to ensure you lose the war and probably start a coup. It's utterly cretinous.
If it's being reported by main stream media it's unreliable. Who knows for sure what's going on.
I just hope Americans aren't on the ground there, but I'd bet money they still are.

If true it sounds like the last few weeks of the 3rd Reich.

More like the USSR in October 1941. They sent hoards of untrained troops into battle and there were not enough rifles to go around. Conscripts were sent out with no gun with orders to scrounge them from the dead.

The German army did slow down and stop, but it was because the weather had turned and their supply situation got desperate more than the thousands of unarmed conscripts thrown at them.

Back then the USSR had a deep pool of young men to draw on and despite getting millions killed in the war they didn't really run out of troops. Things started to get tight in 1945 though.

This mobilization is a massive mess. The people handing out draft notices are supposed to find people with military service, but they are lazy drunks who are just grabbing enough bodies to meet their quotas and then going off to get a drink. Some appear to think that Russia should be mobilizing everyone, so they are scooping up all men in an area.

What's left of the conscript processing system are sending non-veterans back to where they came from, but it also appears some people think the conscript processing system should be bypassed. The whole thing looks like a colossal mess.

If it's being reported by main stream media it's unreliable. Who knows for sure what's going on.
I just hope Americans aren't on the ground there, but I'd bet money they still are.

There are Americans in the foreign legion, though no evidence active US military are in harm's way.

Actually there is. DoD reluctantly admitted Americans were training the Ukrainian forces how to use the munitions they have never seen before.

Knowing how SF and CIA work, you know they were in country.

Why would we risk training Ukrainians in Ukraine when we're already training them in the UK?

'Since June, the U.K. has trained nearly 5,000 Ukrainian early recruits under Operation Interflex, a program that aims to support 10,000 new soldiers within a year across a network of British training camps.'

What would have happened to the Dictator if he hadn't mobilized? Wouldn't his army inevitably have lost in Ukraine? And what would have happened to him then?...

This mobilization seems to be all that he can do. But as I understand it – it won't work anyway – or?...

But the Dictator is still going to keep trying until someone or some group of people stops him.

Putin has painted himself into a corner, he has no good options.

I keep seeing references to 1941...... It would seem a large gulf between defending your home from an invading force and participating in an invasion you do not believe in. It would seem the situation is much more difficult for Putin and the Russian men being rounded up as they are the invaders this time.

The core reason the Russians are in the same place is different, but they are falling back on what they did then. It won't work this time.

Actually there is. DoD reluctantly admitted Americans were training the Ukrainian forces how to use the munitions they have never seen before.

Knowing how SF and CIA work, you know they were in country.

The US has a large training program in Germany. I don't know of any training going on in Ukraine, nor would it make much sense. The Brits are training Ukr infantry and the US has been training people on equipment.

It's possible there is a small US troop presence in Ukr, but the risks of getting caught are high and the Ukrainians are proving to be very capable of doing it themselves.

The US has a large training program in Germany. I don't know of any training going on in Ukraine, nor would it make much sense.
There is a NATO/Ukraine training center in Yavoriv, a few miles from the Polish border. Russia hit it with cruise missiles a couple weeks into the war. This Buzzfeed article about the attack has a picture of Florida National Guard members training Ukrainian solders in early February. I imagine regular soldiers were all pulled in later in February, but there were US/UK/etc. "volunteers" onsite at the time of the attack. They turned down the arms Ukraine offered because they already had better ones "provided by a third party".

Even if these particular westerners at Yavoriv were truly volunteers I can't imagine we have zero personnel in country. Not just to train Ukrainians, but also to assess needs and gather intelligence.

Reactions: Rally
There is a NATO/Ukraine training center in Yavoriv, a few miles from the Polish border. Russia hit it with cruise missiles a couple weeks into the war. This Buzzfeed article about the attack has a picture of Florida National Guard members training Ukrainian solders in early February. I imagine regular soldiers were all pulled in later in February, but there were US/UK/etc. "volunteers" onsite at the time of the attack. They turned down the arms Ukraine offered because they already had better ones "provided by a third party".

Even if these particular westerners at Yavoriv were truly volunteers I can't imagine we have zero personnel in country. Not just to train Ukrainians, but also to assess needs and gather intelligence.
Any active duty UK service personnel in Ukraine are disobeying orders, they are AWOL. Even when on leave there are lists of places they are not permitted to travel to without specific authorisation (which is not usually granted).

The Ukrainians are looking really well armed:

Last edited:
The 7 bar pressure remaining in Germany landing point in the three Nordstream pipelines is consistent with breaking them at approx 70m+ depth and that in turn is consistent with water depths in Baltic near Danish island of Bornholm. It takes a lot to break one of these pipelines, let alone all three. (There are 2 x Nordstream 1 and - I think - 1 x Nordsteam 2 that are affected).

Last edited: