Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 60 60.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think they could care any less about feedback.
Probably not knowing tesla :( However in the past they have done retrofit for PWS when wire was there and not the PWSpeaker.

Also It will be better for Tesla say to have one global part number for Headlights vs Holding multiple part numbers across board as even holding a part number cost money...

This way they can have one part and not only that they can make money by offering these retrofits..

Reactions: Great White
Probably not knowing tesla :( However in the past they have done retrofit for PWS when wire was there and not the PWSpeaker.

Also It will be better for Tesla say to have one global part number for Headlights vs Holding multiple part numbers across board as even holding a part number cost money...

This way they can have one part and not only that they can make money by offering these retrofits..
It probably isn’t better. Wiring is likely different, plus having to mess with software side. It’s unlikely to be that simple, plus the new lights are likely much more expensive with the Samsung chips in them.

Reactions: Great White
Think about how often you would really adjust the tilt angle of the screen. I think for most, set to optimum for the driver and probably never again. Lots of excellent tutorials here on manually adjusting and it is not as scary as one may think ! I think I was one of the first, if not first with the Palladium to tuck into it and I posted a detailed how-to (as now have others) and highly recommend doing it if the flat mounting is an issue. I adjusted mine to the left a half a year ago and even if I had the motors and option, I would have never touched them again. It’s a ton of hardware in there to ignore not doing it manually !

If you only drive solo, it'd be unlikely to ever change. But if you take a passenger in the front seat, they may want the screen pointing straight back, especially if you're playing a game, watching a show, operating navigation, etc.

I drive solo and with passengers. In the last 48k miles. I have not once wished I could have titled the screen.

Great to have if there, but not a big deal to me. I would retrofit to play with though if available

I’ve had mine manually tilted in my Model S Plaid for a few months now. Honestly thinking of putting it back in the stock position. It looks cool, but Most of my controls are on the left anyway. I sat in the passenger seat the other day while my wife was driving and it just looked “weird”. At some point I hope I can figure out how to manually adjust it without having to take the screen down each time.

I’ve had mine manually tilted in my Model S Plaid for a few months now. Honestly thinking of putting it back in the stock position. It looks cool, but Most of my controls are on the left anyway. I sat in the passenger seat the other day while my wife was driving and it just looked “weird”. At some point I hope I can figure out how to manually adjust it without having to take the screen down each time.
There was a thread where someone was playing with a configuration that would allow manual movement. If you remove the worm drive and used some bushings that were tightened just enough to allow movement under some push-pull force. I think totally doable as the monitor mount slides in/out in a slot on the left and right side. The mount is a magnificent example of over engineering and graceful complexity and is super robust.

If someone that has the moveable screen was able to ID the actual motors that are missing, it would be very easy to do a hardwired circuit that could use a discreet toggle switch to maneuver the screen. For the purist that wants it integrated/OEM on the screen I think the wait may be forever.

Any updates on a factory retrofit?

Which is annoying, because it was an advertised feature at launch when I put down my deposit.
I had one SM ask for my purchase agreement showing the tilt screen option. I sent them a screen shot from the original Tesla order pages showing the tilt screen feature as an included benefit. These web pages are available through the wayback machine website. (Internet Archive: Wayback Machine)
I recommend that anyone wanting their tilt screen capability retrofitted, contact Tesla support through the Tesla app and demand this capability be added to their refreshed Model S or X. Send them a screen shot from Internet Archive: Wayback Machine showing this feature at the time of their order.
Let's get Tesla to do the right thing.

I had one SM ask for my purchase agreement showing the tilt screen option. I sent them a screen shot from the original Tesla order pages showing the tilt screen feature as an included benefit. These web pages are available through the wayback machine website. (Internet Archive: Wayback Machine)
I recommend that anyone wanting their tilt screen capability retrofitted, contact Tesla support through the Tesla app and demand this capability be added to their refreshed Model S or X. Send them a screen shot from Internet Archive: Wayback Machine showing this feature at the time of their order.
Let's get Tesla to do the right thing.
Could you provide a link or screenshot to the page you're talking about? I can't seem to find a description of the tilt screen from the June 2021 order page.

I was originally plaid+ reservation holder from battery day. I know when they said plaid+ cancelled, However for all variant tilt screen was still there under feature details of Interior. As you can see in the screenshot from feb 2021.. Also if I remember correctly they even showed a Air Quality index in one of the screenshots.

1662344830934.png