Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you referring to "Prec.N/A" on the screen? I see the same thing and not sure what it is for. I also notice the battery % in the dashboard is always 1% higher than actual. 🤣
It's shown when the heating is requested but the car decided not to heat the battery. This might happen because it's hot already, because not on Drive, or because there is a bug with a newer Tesla version.
If you have similar issues send a ticket to [email protected] with a screenshot from CarInfo screen.

Reactions: niktesila
Hi, is it possible to show the blue autopilot nag on the dash part of the app? I often miss the blue glow on the car’s main display while watching the road.

I’m not sure if this is an available feature that I’m not aware of or it’s just not available yet. Thank you!

Hi everyone, I'm wondering what you do with the commander unit once it's connected. Mine is just hanging out from the console between the driver seat and the center console, but wondering if there's a better way than just leaving it hanging there...
In our Model 3 we have slid it between right front seat rail and the console edge. In our Model Y I attached a strip of strong Velcro to the back of the commander and the plastic cover at the bottom rear of the console (the part you remove to plug in the commander). Both methods seem to keep it mostly out of harms way.

Anybody know if there are any pros/cons between ordering S3XY Buttons from either Abstract Ocean or from Enhance Auto?

Looks like the price for a kit for a 2018 Model 3 is a bit lower at EA than AO, but I can also get a 10%-off code for AO that would make AO slightly cheaper. I didn't look at shipping costs tho.

Are there any other differences that anyone is aware of between these two vendors?

Anybody know if there are any pros/cons between ordering S3XY Buttons from either Abstract Ocean or from Enhance Auto?

Looks like the price for a kit for a 2018 Model 3 is a bit lower at EA than AO, but I can also get a 10%-off code for AO that would make AO slightly cheaper. I didn't look at shipping costs tho.

Are there any other differences that anyone is aware of between these two vendors?
AO is essentially the distributor in the US for Enhance Auto. Same product. I had very good service from AO.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah and jsmay311
I want to bite the bullet and buy this mainly for the autopilot hands-on assist feature. However, I saw on Reddit that it stopped working this past December and within the last few pages of this post claim that it hasn’t function properly or at all. I have a 2018 Model 3 with well over 90K miles and have been using a weight on the wheel, and it still works well, even with one of the latest updates that detect the weight. However, I’m looking to drive without a weight. Can anyone confirm if the AP hands-on feature works still?

Hi, I installed my commander from last year in my MY LR from Berlin February 2023. Somehow the commander forgets the buttons installed after sleep.
Also the configured button open/close trunk keeps reopening the trunk.
Is this an issue maybe With Berlin cars?
In my previous model y it worked perfect.

I want to bite the bullet and buy this mainly for the autopilot hands-on assist feature. However, I saw on Reddit that it stopped working this past December and within the last few pages of this post claim that it hasn’t function properly or at all. I have a 2018 Model 3 with well over 90K miles and have been using a weight on the wheel, and it still works well, even with one of the latest updates that detect the weight. However, I’m looking to drive without a weight. Can anyone confirm if the AP hands-on feature works still?

I'd like to know this question, maybe the vendor can chime in.

Hi, I installed my commander from last year in my MY LR from Berlin February 2023. Somehow the commander forgets the buttons installed after sleep.
Have you updated the Commander to the current firmware, and set the firmware option correctly in the settings?

Have you updated the Commander to the current firmware, and set the firmware option correctly in the settings?
The app prompted me 2x to update firmware. Installed fine as far as I can tell.
The car has the version 2023.2.100, so the dial before 2022.36 is turned off.
Strange thing is that the problem seems to be only with the button when setting it to open trunk.
I changed it to mute audio and this is remembered and works fine it seems.

That is what I am seeing.
This is a bug in our Dashboard. We will fix it with the next version soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi, is it possible to show the blue autopilot nag on the dash part of the app? I often miss the blue glow on the car’s main display while watching the road.

I’m not sure if this is an available feature that I’m not aware of or it’s just not available yet. Thank you!
Unfortunately with the current Commander, this is not possible as we don't have access to this information. We are planning this for our future products.

Help - Can you all clearly explain what “Autopilot Hands-On” does and how it is set up? Mars’s v11.3 video never shows any nag and a commenter said it is because he is using this feature.
This feature just simulates a short steering wheel scroll Up and Down (+1/-1) in order to dismiss the NAG. Cars in the US are configured to consider the steering wheel button movement as a signal that the hands are on the wheel (even if they are not) so we are just simulating this. I'm not sure if Omar (Mars) is using this in his car, but it's pretty cool if he does :)

As far as we know, the feature is still working, but the only problem is that you have to press the button more often because Tesla changed the interval for the NAG. We might make some functions in the future which bring back the interval and make it longer.

This is not a normal issue and is not related to Berlin cars. Forgetting the button problem might be if you are using the Long press feature when the button is asleep. We recommend using Double-press instead.
Regarding the Trunk you can write to [email protected] and they will help you with it. It might be a defective button or something like this. In the past we had similar issues because of the wrong Tesla and Commander versions but as far as I can see your versions are correct. However, it will be best to send CommanderSettings->CarInfo screenshot to the support team.

Hey I have a few questions:
So the buttons will allow you to set the wipers to 0.5 speed or off when in autopilot/TACC?

Is there any noticeable vampire drain from the Commander adapter plugged in all the time? Does the car power the ODBII port when off or does the adapter just have a low power sleep state?

How is security handled with the Commander? If someone were to spoof a button, couldn't they unlock the car/etc?