Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY knob anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm torn!
The techie in me wants this but the other me says that I hardly touch stuff in the interface today often.
I've already got a nice USB hub with retractable cables in addition and not sure that adding this will leave enough useable access to the drawer?

I have ordered one too :)
Only thing to consider is the cupbaord light will stay on, hopefully only when driving..
The light under the sliding door? I didn’t know it actually went off when the sliding door was closed. This would be the same for those with add on USB inserts as well surely? Are you concerned about battery drain, or light leakage in the dark?

I'm torn!
The techie in me wants this but the other me says that I hardly touch stuff in the interface today often.
I've already got a nice USB hub with retractable cables in addition and not sure that adding this will leave enough useable access to the drawer?
I agree.

It looks really quite cool and clearly well thought out and designed. Except I can’t help but feel I’ll never use it.

I really like the look of this though am a bit twitchy about any affect it may have on the warranty

Is it a case of just removing it before any service/trips to the SC or just leave it in and there's no issues...?

I guess those with the S3XY buttons could share their experience with how it 'sits' currently
Any help is appreciated 👍

I really like the look of this though am a bit twitchy about any affect it may have on the warranty

Is it a case of just removing it before any service/trips to the SC or just leave it in and there's no issues...?

I guess those with the S3XY buttons could share their experience with how it 'sits' currently
Any help is appreciated 👍
We have them in both Tesla. Had two recent mobile service visits on our M3P and there was no mention of them from either service person. The service was to change a rear light cluster suffering from moisture retention and a cabin air filter change while they were here, so not a very invasive service. It was two service visits because they didn't bring both light clusters on the first visit.

• Helpful
Reactions: AndyWarrington
I can see the utility. I used to quite like the iDrive in our old BMW so the rotary controller appeals. Given the early bird pricing I figure there is little to lose. If I don't like it can probably sell it for close to purchase price once the new price climbs so I've ordered one.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Much larger thread on this floating around. might head there.
Does anyone have a link to the thread referenced?

So the new commander will also work with an additional 8 buttons ?

Curious, might this be a suitable alternative to the buttons , or is the strait forward nature of the button perceived to be advantageous for specific functionality?

With the knob, it can potentially replace multiple buttons for the up/down fidelity, Consolidating functionality.

Its a shame the output on the OLED screen couldn't be closer to eye level to be able to quickly navigate between functionality not committed to memory.

Maybe even a pop over widget on the main screen to cycle between features, and feature value, to then fade away after a short preset.

I haven’t tried the Knob (obviously) but there are some functions I think I still want separate buttons for. We use one to fold/unfold the mirrors placed near the window for example. Also one for each rear passenger to control their heated seats. So I think, for us, a mix of both may be ideal.

@rotarypower101

About post 755 and for the next few pages.

Reactions: rotarypower101