Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S60 came back as S70 after service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my S60 back from service. The MCU screen developed yellow lines down the side. They replaced the MCU but oddly my car is showing up as an S70 now both in the car and in the app. It even charged to a higher range of an S70. On the downside the LTE connection was practically non-existent the whole way home. I’m wondering if I got an old S70 MCU with a bad LTE antennae instead of a new replacement unit. Anyone else ever have this happen?

I would think you're exactly right. They threw in a (non?) refurbished MCU and it unlocked your battery to 70 as a side effect.

Maybe you can argue for them to at least bump you up to a 75 ;)

I would think you're exactly right. They threw in a (non?) refurbished MCU and it unlocked your battery to 70 as a side effect.

Maybe you can argue for them to at least bump you up to a 75 ;)
That would depend on what battery the OP has. It's possible it is a 70 or 75 kWh battery.

@1.21JiggaWatts , Can you post a picture of your battery sticker (behind front passenger wheel)?

Reactions: KyleDay
That would depend on what battery the OP has. It's possible it is a 70 or 75 kWh battery.

@1.21JiggaWatts , Can you post a picture of your battery sticker (behind front passenger wheel)?
Well that was harder to get to than I imagined it would be. It’s definitely a 75kW battery, B version. I was planning to upgrade to the 75 in the next year. I hope having a 70 MCU won’t keep me from being able to upgrade.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
They know about it actually. They're fine with it since it was on them. Took it back and they fixed my LTE signal...turned out to be an antennae that was left unplugged.

That's interesting. Last Spring my (then new) 60 had to have its MCU replaced (long story), and came back as a 70. About 2 hours after I posted that fact here, Tesla remotely turned it back into a 60. It is interesting how much discretion the Service Centers have as to how to handle these types of issues... Congratulations to you on your extra battery. It will be interesting to see if, when (if) you decide to upgrade to 75 whether they charge you the price for upgrading from 60-75 or from 70-75...

Reactions: Akikiki