Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As one of the stubborn (with score) and lucky (with no significant drama in roll-out and download) ones, I have some early thoughts.

They really should roll out the new visualization to all FSD owners. I have no idea why they feel the need to hold that back from those not in the "limited" group. In a recent conference call (the quarterly?), someone asked specifically when the dancing/spinning/twitching cars would be fixed. I found Elon's answer somewhat flippant at the time ("It is fixed") and screamed at my T.V. ("No, it's not, for anybody not in the limited audience (which is 'rounded up' 100% of the cars)!").

I also find the braking for green lights annoying and, frankly, unsafe w/r/t drivers behind me. It's very frustrating they haven't rolled out an improvement for those not in the limited group on this.

My gut is that Elon (and perhaps the entire AP/FSD/etc. team) is focused on the FSD beta and, apparently, consider it acceptable to not deliver significant improvements until a big step jump in the software is ready. Whether this is because they are "betting big" / "gambling" / "optimistic" or because they don't have a good way to peel off some improvements from the limited code branch is unclear to me so far. As time progresses, it seems likely that the limited code branch is like one gigantic pull request that has gone on too long and they don't want to invest engineering resources into splitting it into separate pieces to deliver in smaller chunks.
I totally agree, as a developer myself, I have a feeling everybody's focusing on FSD beta and the regular autopilot is getting no attention and all my bug reports that I send are probably ignored. 😂

I totally agree, as a developer myself, I have a feeling everybody's focusing on FSD beta and the regular autopilot is getting no attention and all my bug reports that I send are probably ignored. 😂
PSA: “Bug reports” are only seen my SC staff when you take you car in for service. I’ve read in many places they are not uploaded and sent to Tesla.

Last edited:
PSA: “Bug reports” are only seen my SC staff when you take you car in for service. I’ve read in many places they are not updated and sent to Tesla.
Wow, that's annoying. I've probably submitted over a hundred reports for my area. That's why I really want to get into the FSD beta so that I can help out the people with Tesla cars who live near me.

Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc
That's why I really want to get into the FSD beta so that I can help out the people with Tesla cars who live near me.
Yeah, but this would only help Tesla owners near you who are also in the FSD beta, which as you point out, is functionally nobody ;)
Also, look up the feedback process for FSD. There's an email address right there. Start sending them emails.

They really should roll out the new visualization to all FSD owners.
But didn't you hear? That's totally happening this month. Elon always gets it done. It's just that Elon once mentioned that he's sometimes off on timelines, so as long as it's done someday, it counts, how dare you want it now.

Oh wait, he promised that for ALL CARS back in July, along with an updated UI. Of course, that was for FSD wide release, which is not here yet, and will probably not be anytime in the next 6 months.

I do that. My personal tips for a 100 score is to engage AP at all times and drive like you have food in a snowstorm whenever you can’t 🤣
Only engage it if you currently have 100 for that day. If not you should either put fewer miles or work on driving the penalties down. The daily score is weighted into the overall score based on miles driven that day.

But didn't you hear? That's totally happening this month. Elon always gets it done. It's just that Elon once mentioned that he's sometimes off on timelines, so as long as it's done someday, it counts, how dare you want it now.

Oh wait, he promised that for ALL CARS back in July, along with an updated UI. Of course, that was for FSD wide release, which is not here yet, and will probably not be anytime in the next 6 months.

Where's the promise?

Yeah, but this would only help Tesla owners near you who are also in the FSD beta, which as you point out, is functionally nobody ;)
Also, look up the feedback process for FSD. There's an email address right there. Start sending them emails.
For now, yes, but in the future many of them might subscribe or buy FSD when it's out of beta. I saw the email that FSD beta people got about the video record button and the [email protected] email address to report issues. I will do that for sure.

You need to change your FCW setting to "medium"; if you have it set to "late" you don't get the warning when they happen.
I did this before I drove home today. There is a very narrow one way alley behind my shop where you have to “slalom” around the cars parked on either side. With FCW set to medium my display lit up like a pinball machine. I use the alley only when I need to park behind the shop.

I'm guessing that is a city street - not freeway ?

I used to get FCW for winding roads in the beginning ('19 ?) - none now-a-days.

Hwy 369 / Browns Bridge Rd / Gainesville GA about 1/8 mile from when I turn on it from my neighborhood. If there is no lead traffic and there is oncoming traffic I will get a FCW every single time.

I am used to it and the "startle" affect doesn't happen to me any more. After pressing the "button" and seeing what that first FCW did to my score I learned quickly that I HAVE to use AutoPilot and let it take the hit or my score would be <50 to date 🤣 😆 🤦‍♂️

(I didn't have the camera low enough but you can certainly hear the alert a the end of the video)