Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not take the PR job at Tesla if I was offered. That’s almost as bad as being Psaki, you’d just be a target for all of Elon’s unmet promises and deadlines.
Sounds like a job for Sanders. Sarah Sanders.

1634332121214.jpeg

Reporter: What about Elon saying FSD was a solved problem?

Sanders: It was a joke, maybe you should try it?

So, now that they are using the Safety Score for Insurance, you can see that the insurance actuaries are nuts.

In Tesla's insurance example, a score of 90 is $89 a month. 100 is $53. A decrease of 40%
In probability of collision, a 90 is one ever 900k miles, and 100 is one every 1460k miles. A decrease of 38%.

So, Tesla is willing to decrease your insurance rate MORE than the calculated decrease in collision probability. That's even crazier given your premium includes comprehensive and uninsured, which are not evaluated at all by a safety score. You really have a lower chance of a tree falling on your car with a higher safety score?

It will be really interesting to see what the rate change really is a year from now when they actually have actuarial data of losses vs score.

So, while still at a 99%, my numbers for the metrics keep getting lower. I’ve gotten my “unsafe following” from a 13.9 to a 0.3, FCW, hard braking and aggressive turning have all gone down as well. This I attribute to driving “manually”, only using AP when some d-bag cuts me off on the expressway, or while traveling under 50mph, I use AP then as well.

I dunno. I guess one thing I’ve learned with this cute little “experiment” is, a lot of people drive like complete a$$hats. I even find myself while as a passenger with my wife driving her vehicle, what I would “ding” her for. Mind, those thoughts don’t leave my mouth, at all, but you notice the “unsafe-ness” of others I suppose more so?

Without reading this whole forum is the consensus that a Model S Aug 17 with ap2 upgraded to ap3 and Mcu2 will not get the invite the FSD beta? I have a 100 score for over a week now and was passed up today again. Don’t want to play the granny drive game if my hardware is not useable for FSD.

Without reading this whole forum is the consensus that a Model S Aug 17 with ap2 upgraded to ap3 and Mcu2 will not get the invite the FSD beta? I have a 100 score for over a week now and was passed up today again. Don’t want to play the granny drive game if my hardware is not useable for FSD.
Only way of know is to read the whole forum… by the time you are done I imagine fsd beta will be available for your car.

Thanks for the redirection to this link. I have jumped through every hoop and have all the boxes checked.
The last hope I have is the fact they gave us the button in the first place and the last tweet from Elon ”Beta 10.3 releasing Friday next week to all cars with 99/100 safety score”. He did say “all”.
As far as the button if we indeed do not have the proper hardware and they released the safety score to us that is shameful. Someone in the FSD team had to know that these 16/17 ap2 upgraded ap3 mcu2 vintage cars would not be able to participate in FSD. What a waste of time and emotion in the quest for a perfect score not to mention the safety of others driving like old ahole granny’s. Next the “all cars” hopefully Elon was careful of his wording. If not he can go f himself.

I will continue with my 100 score until 10.3 but after that I am out. Want to get back to normal life again and my sanity.

So the $10k question I’ve got a 98 now, really around 97.75 and would need about 400 more perfect miles to get that to 98.51+ to round to 99….would that be used by Tesla the last 7 days or are they still using that first 7 after you button pressed and the rest is moot? Or is it the cumulative now?!?! Tesla should clarify too. Don’t know if it is worth wasting charging time and my personal time and miles to drive 400 perfect miles to get a 99 if it won’t be used.

Reactions: jebinc and Ramphex
It's certainly the case in my opinion. I went from 99 to 98 on Thursday because driving from home on I-78 and through Newark and Harrison NJ to get to my parking garage is impossible to not register unsafe following distances... unless of course you just never want to change lanes or turn since we all know NJ drivers generally speed up when there's someone looking to move into their lane. These "city roads" are exactly what FSD is for, so why give it to people who just drive on highways to bolster their score when that adds zero value to something Tesla already gives everyone? Kinda counterintuitive if you ask me...

Thanks for the redirection to this link. I have jumped through every hoop and have all the boxes checked.
The last hope I have is the fact they gave us the button in the first place and the last tweet from Elon ”Beta 10.3 releasing Friday next week to all cars with 99/100 safety score”. He did say “all”.
As far as the button if we indeed do not have the proper hardware and they released the safety score to us that is shameful. Someone in the FSD team had to know that these 16/17 ap2 upgraded ap3 mcu2 vintage cars would not be able to participate in FSD. What a waste of time and emotion in the quest for a perfect score not to mention the safety of others driving like old ahole granny’s. Next the “all cars” hopefully Elon was careful of his wording. If not he can go f himself.

I will continue with my 100 score until 10.3 but after that I am out. Want to get back to normal life again and my sanity.
This really sucks, I’m sorry. People on this forum give me crap when I say Tesla doesn’t seem to care about the early FSD buyers. This is the most eggregious example - you guys were literally the earliest FSD buyers. And there can’t be THAT many of you either, as these all all S and X vehicles.

If there is some issue with the AP 2.0 hardware and FSD they need to communicate that to you NOW, whether it’s something that will be fixed in a week with a software update or would require hardware upgrades later. You deserve to know.

Reactions: GargantulaKon
Because I constantly get dinged by a downhill near my house that I cannot avoid, I have resorted to resetting once I pass it.
Stats shows me that if I drive 284 miles perfectly, I can raise my 97 up to 98. Do miles using auto pilot count for that 284, or is it only miles used with auto pilot not engaged? Thank you for your answer.