Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can I trust this POS? How is this even possible??? Look at the fwd collision warning on a VERY short trip.
I had the exact same thing happen. Moved right to move past cars waiting at a red light so the I could turn right. Got 2 collision warnings in 20 feet which killed my score. I was driving in "granny mode" due to trying to get my score up so I was not near the cars I was passing. Not sure if it affected things but it was at night and I am in a new Y with vision only. The Y is the best car I have ever had (previous 6 years on 2 model S leases) but this is beyond frustrating.

Reactions: BCNY
Don’t believe that dings on AP don’t count! My score was consistently 99 for couple weeks until I took a drive on a curvy 2 lane road. Using AP, to be safe and protect my score, there were 3 warnings for front end collision on sharp corners, and they cost me. My score is now 98 and those warnings were noted, even on AP!

Any insights on how I get my score back to 99?

Thanks

Don’t believe that dings on AP don’t count! My score was consistently 99 for couple weeks until I took a drive on a curvy 2 lane road. Using AP, to be safe and protect my score, there were 3 warnings for front end collision on sharp corners, and they cost me. My score is now 98 and those warnings were noted, even on AP!
The problem is if AP disengages and then dings you for FCW.

Any insights on how I get my score back to 99?

Thanks
Wonder if this is a vision only problem?

Reactions: GargantulaKon
Good luck to those with scores that are within striking distance of 99 or 100 who are hoping they can get there before the release of 10.3 (hopefully this Friday night).

The time to plan your score strategy is now when you still have time to do some driving to raise your score. If you'd like to plan how many miles you need to drive consider using my spreadsheet (or other similar sheets) for your driving strategy. It helped me and I've gotten a lot of feedback that it's been helpful to others. If you need help with how to drive for a good score there are a lot of folks here ready and willing to help...just ask.

There are full instructions there as shown on the screenshot below the link. Good luck and good driving.
Spreadsheet link:

1634426930078.png

Last edited:
So the $10k question I’ve got a 98 now, really around 97.75 and would need about 400 more perfect miles to get that to 98.51+ to round to 99….would that be used by Tesla the last 7 days or are they still using that first 7 after you button pressed and the rest is moot? Or is it the cumulative now?!?! Tesla should clarify too. Don’t know if it is worth wasting charging time and my personal time and miles to drive 400 perfect miles to get a 99 if it won’t be used.
First 7

Can you tell which days I have been vacationing in Western North Carolina?
Bogus FCW on the Blue Ridge Parkway as it got confused on different types of hilly cutout curves.
Last several days I've been in a community with steep up and down hilly roads. Full regen and addl light braking to stop at the bottom of some of the roads give bogus 'hard braking'.
Fri 8-Oct-21 was the start of the roadtrip from IL. Some highways are hard to avoid unsafe following.
dMhn7qP.jpg

So the $10k question I’ve got a 98 now, really around 97.75 and would need about 400 more perfect miles to get that to 98.51+ to round to 99….would that be used by Tesla the last 7 days or are they still using that first 7 after you button pressed and the rest is moot? Or is it the cumulative now?!?! Tesla should clarify too. Don’t know if it is worth wasting charging time and my personal time and miles to drive 400 perfect miles to get a 99 if it won’t be used.
Looks like they take a snapshot before the release.

Reactions: jebinc
I am at current at 97.52 on 2111 miles. I will need 1400 miles with perfect score to get to 98.51. 😭
Remember scores drop off after 30 days. Window will probably close though. Realistically you likely need much fewer than that at your rate of 700 miles per week (though clearly it strongly depends on your score after the first week).

Last edited: