Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read back a bit through the thread.

Can the beta FSD be turned off if you run into the bug? Worried now that if AP gets disabled my score will drop like a rock.

Does Beta only affect city driving or does it affect highway too?
Yes, I thought once you get FSD you don’t have regular autopilot anymore but seems like you can turn off FSD anytime.

I think safety score goes away once you get into the beta

Yup. 1 very nice beta city streets drive of 2.5 miles (gorgeous UI btw). Anyway, stopped at a Tesla friend's home so we could share the experience of our area roads - but, no steering wheel appeared. Also, there's a thin, glitchy-looking horizontal line that's across the top of the LHS of the screen just above where the FSD/AP 'steering wheel' should appear, but doesn't. It alternates between white and green in differing lengths and positions along the glitchy horizontal line. Oh, well - no worries! I had a nice 1st test drive and I'm 100% sure the FSD beta team will fix this tout suite.

2020MY, at 99 for over 2 weeks

PS: In an attempt to get the 'FSD/AP steering wheel' back onto the top of UI, we scroll button rebooted, parked and walked away for 3+minutes, checked all the FSD beta settings - all with no joy. Anyone know what else we should've done to resurrect the beta?
Also 99 with 2019 M3P with SS -99 and ~1000 miles.
Haven’t been able to use. Also get wheel of death every time I enable FSD

• Informative
Reactions: GeoffEV
For those that already used the beta, is it always active? Or you have to activate like AP
you activate it exactly like AP.
Yup. 1 very nice beta city streets drive of 2.5 miles (gorgeous UI btw). Anyway, stopped at a Tesla friend's home so we could share the experience of our area roads - but, no steering wheel appeared. Also, there's a thin, glitchy-looking horizontal line that's across the top of the LHS of the screen just above where the FSD/AP 'steering wheel' should appear, but doesn't. It alternates between white and green in differing lengths and positions along the glitchy horizontal line. Oh, well - no worries! I had a nice 1st test drive and I'm 100% sure the FSD beta team will fix this tout suite.

PS: In an attempt to get the 'FSD/AP steering wheel' back onto the top of UI, we scroll button rebooted, parked and walked away for 3+minutes, checked all the FSD beta settings - all with no joy. Anyone know what else we should've done to resurrect the beta?
Same for me. I got 1 fsd short drive. Then I parked and couldn’t use it after that. On top of that when I switched fsd beta off, I could engage traditional auto steer but only for a few seconds then I got a panic TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY followed by a Autosteer not available or even simple cruise control not working for more than 5 seconds. I’m sure they’ll fix it shortly.

Reactions: d21mike and GeoffEV

Thanks! Same happened to me, except my only fsd drive lasted only 100 feet or so. Now I get the great visualizations, but no steering wheel shows up so I can't use fsd. I'm in a 2018 m3 stealth performance with software 2021.36.5.2

Reactions: xasroma and GeoffEV
Should we start a log? Or maybe one exists already

User ID | location | score | miles driven | car seats installed | beta software received (none, 10.2, 10.2 etc) | date / time email invite received | date / time beta received | date of last opt in | total times opted in | times email checked :p |

For those of you who did not receive the email here it is in it’s entirety.

Hello,
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle will collect and share VIN-associated vehicle driving data with Tesla to confirm your continued eligibility for FSD Beta feature. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    1635090301681.png
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

For those of you who didn’t receive the email here it is in it’s entirety. (Apologies if this is a duplicate post)

Hello,
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle will collect and share VIN-associated vehicle driving data with Tesla to confirm your continued eligibility for FSD Beta feature. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    1635091133354.png
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thanks,

A data point. My wife's Y LR with 99 got it. 14 days of history. Me with 3 LR and perfect 100 but 4 days of history (opt-out&in) - didn't. Before opt-out I was at 97 due to about 3 early-days FCWs. They might be calculating the eligibility, based on all history
Same with me (not getting it with ~4 days after opt-out/in), but someone else reported they got it after an opt-out/opt-in last Thursday (10/21), same day I did mine.

Reactions: JeremyJ