Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my update at a score of 99 at 8AM eastern time today. I don’t think they have stopped updates.
That's ~5 hours after the roll out started (~Midnight Pacific time), it wouldn't surprise me if they found the bag bugs and stopped it. There are plenty of us who haven't got the invite/update yet.

Is that a fact or a stipulation?
100% speculation.

Reactions: outdoors
Its information like this that makes actually quite concerned and more certain that we are (and should probably be actually) QUITE a bit farther away from any general release (or approved release) than we have been led to believe. Many of these items in this release (and granted many release notes OFTEN simply repeat things that were included in prior and sometimes MANY prior releases) I would have thought were NEARLY worked out, and have been being banged on extensively by internal R&D, QA, and employees for many MANY months if not year+.

The beta updates are clearly continuing today. You can see the increase in numbers on the TeslaFi site.
Currently up to 878 TeslaFi participants have the beta available and that number increases steadily. Good luck!
I'm not sure Tesla has the ability to revoke updates issued to cars, I was just implying that they could have stopped sending out the update to new cars.

If you have a 100 score
The other possibility is that they are tie breaking the software push using mileage or number of driving days. So new hundreds haven’t gotten it yet because long time 99s are first.

Also they call it “beta queue” on the button push. So it could simply be those who got 99 and pushed the button first will get it first.

But if any 99s here haven’t gotten it and pushed before Wed, that theory is false.

The count is 4x greater on 10.3 than 10.2 and climbing. Those are obviously a lot of first timers.

Yes, there are clearly a ton of new people to the program just within this thread. I was just saying that there are also a ton of people who are eligible (as far as we know) who haven't gotten it yet, and there are known (to Tesla) issues with the 10.3 build.

Either they stopped the roll out of the beta program to new people or they have tweaked their eligibility guidelines. Not sure why else identical spec'd cars would get it but some wouldn't.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Yup. 1 very nice beta city streets drive of 2.5 miles (gorgeous UI btw). Anyway, stopped at a Tesla friend's home so we could share the experience of our area roads - but, no steering wheel appeared. Also, there's a thin, glitchy-looking horizontal line that's across the top of the LHS of the screen just above where the FSD/AP 'steering wheel' should appear, but doesn't. It alternates between white and green in differing lengths and positions along the glitchy horizontal line. Oh, well - no worries! I had a nice 1st test drive and I'm 100% sure the FSD beta team will fix this tout suite.

2020MY, at 99 for over 2 weeks

PS: In an attempt to get the 'FSD/AP steering wheel' back onto the top of UI, we scroll button rebooted, parked and walked away for 3+minutes, checked all the FSD beta settings - all with no joy. Anyone know what else we should've done to resurrect the beta?
same issue here.

you activate it exactly like AP.

Same for me. I got 1 fsd short drive. Then I parked and couldn’t use it after that. On top of that when I switched fsd beta off, I could engage traditional auto steer but only for a few seconds then I got a panic TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY followed by a Autosteer not available or even simple cruise control not working for more than 5 seconds. I’m sure they’ll fix it shortly.
same here - both things happened. back home parked and checking this thread.

Reactions: Spuzzz
I'm going to say something positive now about 10.3.

I was just out trying FSD and it did a Chuck Cook style unprotected left across two lanes of traffic and a median. Then it immediately took its place in line to turn left onto the next road in a situation where there was not quite enough room in the left turn lane. It behaved just as I would.

FSD is goofy at times, but on that maneuver I was extremely impressed.

Reactions: JeremyJ and dillon
Yes, there are clearly a ton of new people to the program just within this thread. I was just saying that there are also a ton of people who are eligible (as far as we know) who haven't gotten it yet, and there are known (to Tesla) issues with the 10.3 build.

Either they stopped the roll out of the beta program to new people or they have tweaked their eligibility guidelines. Not sure why else identical spec'd cars would get it but some wouldn't.
They might just be doing a phased release too. And if the update was halted it would probably halt those with 10.2 as well.

I took one 10 mile drive and so far so good. Nice to see some progress after 3 years. It’s definitely not relaxing, but very cool.

I love the full FSD display in front of steering wheel on the X. It sees everything now.

I was even able to enable AP on a dirt road (no markings at all). Although it struggle to follow it.

Started a little log. Will finish it later.

1635098739134.png