Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a security risk. Period. For getting this a couple of days earlier, risking your phone and personal information just ain't worth it.

security risk can be mitigated if you have some savvy. I've been on the tinkering scene since the early days (used to moderate on Android Forums). The apk bundle that's being recommended is safe. But I do agree that people should educate and understand the risks before sideloading anything. And don't trust anyone on the internet, including myself :)

I've read from some people that AP does still ding you. At least from the visible score in the app. Whether or not they delete those scores later, we don't know. I've been disengaging autopilot with the stalk before coming up to a light to prevent its hard braking.

Can anyone confirm that AP use isn't showing up in the app. I currently have 100, so u don't have the balls to try it myself.
Aren’t you in arbitration about FSD? Doesn’t that reduce your odds of being selected pretty dramatically?

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I think if you push the accelerator while on autopilot this will cause following too close.
I think so too. Musk tweeted something about using AP correctly won’t get scored…I just did a highway drive and only engaged autopilot a few times to manuever around cars and pressed the accelerator a few times and got too close I think. Ended up with a 6% following distance for the drive and I think I would have got a 0% if I hadn’t pushed the accelerator while on auto pilot

Reactions: 22522
Phantom forward Collision Warning from a car that was turning right into a driveway and was significantly ahead of me (and successfully completed the turn without me even having to slow down) knocked my score down 4 points. Which is a significant amount according to this tweet

Well, rats. I got knocked down to 97 today, because it thought I was following too close. I'm quite conservative about following distance, so I'm surprised, but oh well... Not sure when in my drive it was fussing about.

Reactions: Spuzzz
I paid attention to this today and regen-only braking for average hills here only works if you’ve already slowed down to around 10mph or so. No way to stop from 25mph within a single block without getting penalized, especially if you have other cars around you. Luckily my hard braking score should be back in the green after a few more trips…

Sounds about right. I’m driving below the speed limit and around that speed on at least 1 road now. I’m sure the line of cars behind me are impressed.

Kind annoying that forward collision warning (FCW) can be set off by the car’s lack of context.

I had a score of 99-100 for the last 3 days, until this afternoon when I got an FCW alert due to the traffic lady instructing me make a right turn like the car ahead.

You can see in the video below that she steps forward a little bit as she’s hand signaling me to move forward and make the right turn.

The FCW alert went off just as she stepped over the lane marking, and the instrument cluster showed a person in red.

And now my score is 77 :mad:

Today I got a 60% unsafe following ... Spent the entire trip over 3 seconds from lead car with one cut in (no other traffic).

But the score is % of time under 1s following distance divided by % of time under 3s following distance. So the one cut in was very short and then I let following distance increase beyond 3s.

So to get a good score if someone cuts you off then make sure to tail them 2-3 seconds behind for the rest of the trip.

/s sortof

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
You can see in the video below that she steps forward a little bit as she’s hand signaling me to move forward and make the right turn.

The FCW alert went off just as she stepped over the lane marking, and the instrument cluster showed a person in red.

And now my score is 77 :mad:
See where you went wrong is you didn't use the full width of the curb to avoid the traffic cop. So much space to safely avoid her in case she took a few more steps 🙃