Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like I said, nowhere in there does Elon say the safety score only uses 7 days of data to determine FSD Beta eligibility.

Originally, the FSD Beta was to be rolled out to 1000 people per day, one week after The Button was available. Plans changed, and one week turned into two weeks. 1000 new users per day turned into 1000 per release (or thereabouts, no one knows the exact numbers).

We know Tesla is looking at the entire range of up to 30 days of data because some people who did not have 100% at the time of the first release (10.2) managed to pull their score up and received the second release of 10.2. The people who have 99% or greater by the end of the week will receive version 10.3 of the Beta software, assuming Tesla follows through on time.
Here’s hoping

Reactions: FloridaJohn
reading these posts are hilarious....grown men driving throughout the night, tailgating and doing weird maneuvers to get their scores up, as well as hiding it from their wives because this is,....well....so lame and embarrising !!!! LOL. COUNT ME IN...IM ONE OF THOSE GUYS!!!

I'm at 99,...I doubt i will get to 100....theres some dinks I didnt realize i could have improved the same day prior to reading this stuff. But at 99! ..Im totally confused with that excel spreadsheet. I have a 500 mile trip planned , part through NYC to go to buffalo. CAN THE KID MAINTAIN THE 99??? woooo hooo!

ps,..after all this I hope improving our scores to 99 by this friday truely meets criteria to play around with the beta

R

I just hope that some talented author write a really good article about it so at least we can link people to a good story about it.

Oh, I wouldn't say tailgating. Instead we're strangely behind someone at a good following distance for miles, and miles.

Yesterday people kept getting out of the middle lane to let me pass, and that NEVER happens. I'm not sure what was going on as normally people in the middle lane won't budge. I was plenty far back as I needed to make sure my close following score would be small.

My tactic WAS, break up a drive with longer segments into pieces.. so if I do 40-50 miles before getting to the city, maybe pull over safely, get out, let car lock, then get back in and continue the drive. This BANKS the trip segment that you have completed succesfully. Then, do the next segment that you are confident in that you don't have any issues with.

What this gets you is drive credit, hopefully at 100% and then BOINK the car when you have a FCW, or FTC or something like that, and hopefully those miles will be few but at least compartmentalized to the smaller or individual segment.

The worst scenario is doing 40-50 miles, THEN having 1 second of negative and either having that flow through to your score or having to decide to BOINK all those miles that were done at 100%.
You don’t need to get out. Just park, open the door, lift your butt out of the seat, close the door, screen shuts down, then sit again :)

Just came back from my first FSD drive, it worked almost flawlessly in the PA burbs! One random stop after a turn and way before a stop sign, but this was inside an HOA residential street. That was ALL. It steered clear from other cars with hazards on, and took me home safely! A bit aggressive, but you gotta play with the speed dial. Call me McDonald, I’m lovin’ it!!!

Right, and all this for FDS after paying $10,000, This safety score is becoming a joke. I'm getting dinged for aggressive turning too but yet, never spill coffee during any of my commutes.
I stopped trying. It's too unsafe to drive like that in Socal. It's kind of funny because I can see other tesla drivers trying to drive the "score" and they are literally holding up traffic everywhere, keeping 3 lanes between themselves and others. I basically stopped driving the wife's Y as to not ding her score up. And one day I asked her how her score was, and she went on a rant. Basically she said screw it too and I the kicker is getting dinged for proximity pulling into our garage, smh. Yay, now I can drive the MYP again lol.

reading these posts are hilarious....grown men driving throughout the night, tailgating and doing weird maneuvers to get their scores up, as well as hiding it from their wives because this is,....well....so lame and embarrising !!!! LOL. COUNT ME IN...IM ONE OF THOSE GUYS!!!

I'm at 99,...I doubt i will get to 100....theres some dinks I didnt realize i could have improved the same day prior to reading this stuff. But at 99! ..Im totally confused with that excel spreadsheet. I have a 500 mile trip planned , part through NYC to go to buffalo. CAN THE KID MAINTAIN THE 99??? woooo hooo!

ps,..after all this I hope improving our scores to 99 by this friday truely meets criteria to play around with the beta

R
Last night I was running tight circles around a tree in an empty parking lot in a mall for about one hour. I fixed my daily score from <90 to 99. There were still a few people visiting the CVS in the mall. Luckily no one called police. After today’s drive I’m 44 miles away to get 100.

You don’t need to get out. Just park, open the door, lift your butt out of the seat, close the door, screen shuts down, then sit again :)
Lol. I did almost the same thing, I just opened the door a second time before sitting to mimic I’m getting into the car. Now I’m laughing so hard think about this series of strange actions.

My bad I meant 32.25. 32.25 and 32.26 are the FSD beta firmwares as far as we know
Last night I was running tight circles around a tree in an empty parking lot in a mall for about one hour. I fixed my daily score from <90 to 99. There were still a few people visiting the CVS in the mall. Luckily no one called police. After today’s drive I’m 44 miles away to get 100.
Should’ve setup a camera for this one 😅😅

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Alert - Spreadsheet updated to v9!
For those who have used my spreadsheet please consider going to the link, making a copy, and re-entering your events/miles. Something got corrupted and two users reported problems this morning. The new v9 should be good to go.

For those that are seeing this for the first time here is my previous text on this:
Good luck to those with scores that are within striking distance of 99 or 100 who are hoping they can get there before the release of 10.3 (hopefully this Friday night).
The time to plan your score strategy is now when you still have time to do some driving to raise your score. If you'd like to plan how many miles you need to drive consider using my spreadsheet (or other similar sheets) for your driving strategy. It helped me and I've gotten a lot of feedback that it's been helpful to others. If you need help with how to drive for a good score there are a lot of folks here ready and willing to help...just ask.
There are full instructions there as shown on the screenshot below the link. Good luck and good driving.

Spreadsheet link:

View attachment 722939
Love the spreadsheet.
After 30 days does the oldest entry fall off? Is it a rolling 30 day average?