Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll tell you what, based on my above comments (not receiving the beta with a perfect score), I will not be buying the FSD package on my upcoming Y or cyber truck.
Tanner, 10.6.1 has not started to roll out at all. No one has it. 10.6 was (briefly) released, which means they have stopped seeding 10.5 completely to new beta testers, even if you meet the qualifications to receive it. Just be patient. Once 10.6.1 starts to trickle out, if you are 100/100 you should get it pretty quick.

How about for 100/100? I’ve maintained a perfect score for 10 days now over the course of 530+ miles and nothing still….
It’s not about how long you have it. It’s the moment when they push and where you are then counts. It comes in waves for everyone who meets the requirement. Not per user.

And we are currently on pause for deployment. So base on past example. It will go to those who are on 10.6.0 then those already on 10.5, then new people who are in the queue meets the requirement.

Reactions: K5TRX
10.6.1 (aka 2021.36.8.10) has started to trickle out. Currently only to existing beta testers who already had 10.6 prior. As long as things aren't a disaster, we should get it by the end of the week.
Replying to my own comment, as I received 10.6.1 as part of the wider rollout today (Existing beta user). This is a very good sign that new people should get it in the next few days.

So tonight I take a 70+ mile drive only to not have my Safety Score reflect it. To add insult to injury, pulling into the driveway, car gets stuck in reverse yet, when I touch the accelerator, the car goes forward for about 3 feet and stops. Shifting does nothing. It took a hard reboot in order to get into the garage.

Anyone ever experienced or heard of this?

The Tesla safety score is bogus. It's something written by your parents for permission to drive. "Extreme" braking, "aggressive" turning and following too closely takes place daily in commute traffic. The "forward collision warning" system is constantly spoofed. We Tesla drivers are being penalized for evading traffic incidents potentially caused by aggressive and/or non-attentive drivers. We should get points for evading traffic incidents.

It's interesting that we aren't docked for aggressive acceleration. Know why? That's a Tesla selling point.

BTW, what do the above metrics have to do with using an assisted "self" driving application?

However, there is one metric that does address the above. That is the "Forced Autopilot Disengagement". That really tells if a driver can, and will, pay attention to use the system safely. The others are merely the insurance industry's "standards" to determine "safe" driving and have nothing to do with driving a car with assisted driving.

IMHO, Tesla has failed miserably with their safety scoring.

BTW, it seems there is only 1 email address that will show the score. We're 2 driver/owners with different emails.

Reactions: Ejl80 and fordhamg
The Tesla safety score is bogus. It's something written by your parents for permission to drive. "Extreme" braking, "aggressive" turning and following too closely takes place daily in commute traffic. The "forward collision warning" system is constantly spoofed. We Tesla drivers are being penalized for evading traffic incidents potentially caused by aggressive and/or non-attentive drivers. We should get points for evading traffic incidents.

It's interesting that we aren't docked for aggressive acceleration. Know why? That's a Tesla selling point.

BTW, what do the above metrics have to do with using an assisted "self" driving application?

However, there is one metric that does address the above. That is the "Forced Autopilot Disengagement". That really tells if a driver can, and will, pay attention to use the system safely. The others are merely the insurance industry's "standards" to determine "safe" driving and have nothing to do with driving a car with assisted driving.

IMHO, Tesla has failed miserably with their safety scoring.

BTW, it seems there is only 1 email address that will show the score. We're 2 driver/owners with different emails.
I have the exact same thoughts. I use AP on the freeway all of the time, otherwise someone will cut me off and I will get dinged on my safety score. I currently have a safety score of 99, but the only incidents that have dropped me from 100 are completely out of my control and are not unsafe. Also I paid 10k for FSD, where is it?? At some point I assume I will get it, but there must be a ton of people who have paid for it, but will never get it because of bad safety scores? Class action??

Reactions: Ejl80 and KArnold
Mine has been 100 for 10 days now… nothing after 530 miles.

How long did you have to sit at a good safety score before you got it? I did the reset too. I’ve had 100/100 for 10 days over now 530 miles.

The major issue here is that there are no hard-and-fast rules. Only general guidelines. That might be manageable if there was a reasonable amount of margin when it comes to Safety Score. With little to know margin, it's maddening to wait for the update while you're simultaneously trying to "protect" your high score.

I just received 10.6.1 but it had been weeks since my last update. I'm inclined to agree with @aspekt and @Fiver; the most important thing is when when the FSD team is pushing updates and also enrolling new users. Patience is required but I completely understand the frustration!

The major issue here is that there are no hard-and-fast rules. Only general guidelines. That might be manageable if there was a reasonable amount of margin when it comes to Safety Score. With little to know margin, it's maddening to wait for the update while you're simultaneously trying to "protect" your high score.

I just received 10.6.1 but it had been weeks since my last update. I'm inclined to agree with @aspekt and @Fiver; the most important thing is when when the FSD team is pushing updates and also enrolling new users. Patience is required but I completely understand the frustration!
Yeah, I don’t even know, honestly. It’s been a few more days, now over 2 weeks, I’ve driven a bit more, I still have 100/100, and NO update. I just bought a Model Y so my wife and I would have 2 cars, and I will NOT be purchasing FSD. This is absurd.

Yeah, I don’t even know, honestly. It’s been a few more days, now over 2 weeks, I’ve driven a bit more, I still have 100/100, and NO update. I just bought a Model Y so my wife and I would have 2 cars, and I will NOT be purchasing FSD. This is absurd.
Sorry to hear it. It's just like one of those things in life where until you have it, it's a big deal but after you have it forever your member of waiting for it fades. Fro the average driver, the vigilance needed to maintain a SS 100/100 is good training for staying safe while using the Beta.

I got a software update yesterday and I was excited that it might finally be FSD. However it was just 2021.40.6, no FSD. I reached out to Tesla and they said "congrats on the safe driving, keep it up. We don't know when you will get FSD, but it will come soon". Best car ever, worst customer service
Agreed. Same boat, except my car is on 32.22!!!!! With no update (of any kind) in MONTHS!

Hi. New 2022 Tesla model 3 dual motor owner here. We have our insurance through Tesla. $107 a month. The safety score thing is kind of tripping me out. I fluctuate in between 99 and 98% I figured out how to adjust the following distance on the car so you don’t get pinged every time somebody changes into your lane. What I don’t understand is why when I use the actual break even gently it marks me as breaking hard.

Reactions: Terminator857
I have noticed that as well, even when tapping on the break while going under 5 mph.

I believe the idea with the single pedal system is to never having to use the break at all, if you are a "perfect driver". At least that is what I remember from my driver's ed class. My teacher at the time stated that if we can make it from A to B without having to touch our breaks, we are following proper distance and all that other nonsense.

That said, you'll have to train yourself it keep your foot away from it and watch your follow speed. After quite a few tries, I have been able to make quite a few trips without ever having to touch my breaks, even on a busy snow coated Chicago city street.