Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will need to find a body shop that is capable of working on aluminum car body like jaguar ... you can find them but expensive.
Look at one of my past post I was looking the buy a car like yours with B pillar damage.
I showed pictures around including Tesla body shop which told me that they won’t touch it.
And to independent body shops with aluminum work experience and the repair costs were crazy expensive on top of the purchase price of the salvage car. For me the numbers did not make sense ...

IMG_5197.JPG
I'm in southern Maine and able to do most aluminum repairs. We're not certified by Tesla but we do have every tool needed to do repairs on a Tesla,

I have a salvage Tesla with side damage too. But it was much lighter damage just dented door skins and rear quarter. That B pillar damage would have scared me away as its not something I could fix myself. I am sure a good shop with aluminum experience can sort it out for you though. One thought is to maybe get a good B pillar from a donor car and cut your bent one and weld the good one in.

I bought all my parts from Autobahn parts except the drivers seat airbag, and seatbelt and SRS stuff I went through ebay for that stuff.

Safety restore fixed the seatbelt but they couldn't get the buckle pretensioner cable back out. So I may have to find a new one of those.

There is also a place on ebay that will sew your seat back up and give you another airbag. Took then about 2 weeks turn around but it looks good.

Looking at a rebuilt 2015 Model S70D do you know anyone outside Tesla SC that offers support for Key programming and error support?
Car has auto pilot and super charging currently working anything I should be concerned with? Thanks for your guidance and expertise in advance.

Looking at a rebuilt 2015 Model S70D do you know anyone outside Tesla SC that offers support for Key programming and error support?
Car has auto pilot and super charging currently working anything I should be concerned with? Thanks for your guidance and expertise in advance.

There are a few people here who will sell you their service and access to network on a subscription basis. @wk057 and @Ingineer come to mind

• Informative
Reactions: Manzacoty
Hey I decided to sell the Model S project. Several factors are at play...

First off was time. I have a busy work schedule and am working on a new startup. I'm spending 60+ hours a week working, so anything outside of work I'd rather spend with family and friends rather than working on a project car. Second was my Model 3 reservation. At the time, I decided I'd rather do the Model 3 than the Model S based on reviews coming out on it. Also logistics were a nightmare. I had the Model S at the lot for more than a month before I got an available transport. I literally put it on consignment the day before I finally got availability for shipping. I still could have kept it at that point but decided to let it go.

Hey guys, I recently bought a salvage tesla that came without a key. What are the options I have now? How can I add it to my Tesla account to start using the app? Also, I ordered a key fob from eBay, but I need to program it somehow. As far as I understand, I just need to find somebody who has an account on toolbox.teslamotors.com, right? Then we can download the toolbox and program key.

Hey guys, I recently bought a salvage tesla that came without a key. What are the options I have now? How can I add it to my Tesla account to start using the app? Also, I ordered a key fob from eBay, but I need to program it somehow. As far as I understand, I just need to find somebody who has an account on toolbox.teslamotors.com, right? Then we can download the toolbox and program key.
Wow - someone didn't do their research. "Just need to find someone with toolbox access" ~ $2k to program a key. I would suggest searching the forum and finding the users that can assist. Best of luck.

And as far as I know - Tesla has to configure on their end so you can use the app. And as you should know - you don't exist to Tesla so I don't know if it's possible at all to use their app.

Mike

Reactions: jaguar36
Wow - someone didn't do their research. "Just need to find someone with toolbox access" ~ $2k to program a key. I would suggest searching the forum and finding the users that can assist. Best of luck.

And as far as I know - Tesla has to configure on their end so you can use the app. And as you should know - you don't exist to Tesla so I don't know if it's possible at all to use their app.

Mike

^^ Yep, all of this. There are a few guys here who will put you on their support network for a fee, and help you program the key. But to Tesla, you're a ghost, and you'll get no help. Consumer facing Toolbox won't do it for you, as mentioned literally 5 posts above you.

Reactions: Manzacoty