Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! Did you ever try V3 SC? So far so good with V2, but it's true they are disappearing...
I'm happy to report that V3 works just fine :)
I went to 3 different ones n did 2 separate charges on same stall for a total of 4 sessions
Worked every time!
Unfortunately i didn't have low enough SOC to test the diff in speed but i don't think it would matter anyways for my car (~130kW max)

So, i'm pretty sure Tesla doesn't care or maybe u have to really abuse the system somehow...
We only have one twitter post by Jason/wk claiming Tesla disabled someone via V3...
He also claimed recently that resetting u029 bms err will cause ur battery to catch on fire with one article n no real evidence, while whole bunch of ppl reset if via HybridRevolt device with no issues..
On top of that he sold/went out of business n caused a sh*tshow in warranty thread..
I'm starting to doubt any of his claims...

Reactions: M0rpH3x
I have tried both v2 and v3 chargers and it works fine.. sometimes I even get the "how was your experience" question in the app.. but it only takes a few minutes of wifi for tesla to disable it.. then I have to enable it again.... If anybody knows how to make it more permanent let me know.

I have tried both v2 and v3 chargers and it works fine.. sometimes I even get the "how was your experience" question in the app.. but it only takes a few minutes of wifi for tesla to disable it.. then I have to enable it again.... If anybody knows how to make it more permanent let me know.
that is not what we talking about...
me n others have permanently enabled SC n locked tesla out (via root), my car is always on LTE/wifi
there was rumor that tesla can disable it via V3 SC when u charging hence my post

I have 2x salvage cars with supercharging. I've had a v3 supercharger cause an onboard charger error that prevents any supercharging. It results in a constant message on the IC.

I think it's more of an older car firmware plugging into a v3 charger than anything Tesla is doing directly. It seems to happen when I have trouble unplugging the supercharger - i.e press button, wait for click but its still latched due to tension on cable, press cable inward, then press button again then finally remove. It seems this rapid charging/stop/charging/stop will sometimes trigger it.

We can clear said error to re-enable supercharging.

And thanks for the shout out on our u029 device. It's been out since Nov 2022 with other work-arounds being done prior to that.

I'm happy to report that V3 works just fine :)
I went to 3 different ones n did 2 separate charges on same stall for a total of 4 sessions
Worked every time!
Unfortunately i didn't have low enough SOC to test the diff in speed but i don't think it would matter anyways for my car (~130kW max)

So, i'm pretty sure Tesla doesn't care or maybe u have to really abuse the system somehow...
We only have one twitter post by Jason/wk claiming Tesla disabled someone via V3...
He also claimed recently that resetting u029 bms err will cause ur battery to catch on fire with one article n no real evidence, while whole bunch of ppl reset if via HybridRevolt device with no issues..
On top of that he sold/went out of business n caused a sh*tshow in warranty thread..
I'm starting to doubt any of his claims...
Man, you are my hero. You send me a paypal link and I’ll buy you the promised beer.

anyone got experience replacing parking sensors for 2016-2021 cars?

i have Nov 2016, original AP2 but has hw3 now, not sure if USS were part of upgrade...
it needs all 6 front sensors (didn't come with the car)

looking at epc, seems there's typos n its confusing
2 sets of part numbers, seems one replaces other but some have DCR/ no DCR in the name
what is DCR?

1st set (calls for this set by VIN):

2nd set (says replacement for above):

I got this 2nd set (albeit Chinese aftermarket ones) n it doesn't work... linCommError for all 6
1707934564432.png

Now i question if i got the wrong sensors or the Chinese ones just don't work...

1707934515016.png

1707934683197.png

1707934718629.png

Searching forum didn't reveal any useful info...
Appreciate any help.

i have Nov 2016, original AP2 but has hw3 now, not sure if USS were part of upgrade...

2 sets of part numbers, seems one replaces other but some have DCR/ no DCR in the name
what is DCR?

I got this 2nd set (albeit Chinese aftermarket ones) n it doesn't work... linCommError for all 6
View attachment 1018299

Now i question if i got the wrong sensors or the Chinese ones just don't work...

View attachment 1018298
View attachment 1018300
View attachment 1018301

Appreciate any help.

Maybe you can pull out an rear parking sensor and check partnr? Rear outer sensor must be reachable without pulling off rear bumper. Otherwise ask SeC for correct partnrs for front bumper

what is DCR?

View attachment 1018299

View attachment 1018298
View attachment 1018300
View attachment 1018301

Appreciate any help.
I have! I need to run some errands now, but I'll get back to you. I don't remember it being especially difficult. The P/Ns are a bit confusing because there are so many, and sometimes the only difference is the manufacturing place or the color of the sensor, but essentially there are two or three kinds of sensors per car setup, and two or three kinds of car setups. You need to figure out you car setup (how many sensors it has and where, relatively easy), and then find the right P/N.

I know the sensors are CUSTOM. I tried to find the equivalent alternative from another brand to save some bucks, but a friend that works at Valeo told me no way, I should get the Tesla one.

You don't need to pull out a rear park sensor, but if you plan to do that, check if the P/N are the same for the front and rear sensors, just in case. You might be in for a nasty surprise otherwise...

Reactions: brainhouston
These are the ones I was playing with. Mine is a Model S 90D manufactured in 11/16, also with HW3 and MCU2, although that's irrelevant: When I replaced these, it was HW2 and MCU1. This one belongs (if I remember well) to the front fender. The sensors on the front, fender and the ones between them are all different, I think.

With the parts catalog you should find what you need in no time. Get back to me if you need more help, I'm confident I can figure out which P/Ns you need if you tell me where the sensors are located.

IMG_0870.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: brainhouston
yes Tesla does it they remove from salvage car supercharger and FSD.
I can confirm that.

I've been driving my 2017 salvaged Model S since 2020. It had FSD initially, and it disappeared at some point (2022 I guess), though enabling it back worked and it didn't go away later.

Now I bought a MCU2 from a salvaged Model S which had FSD as well. As soon as it was put in my car and was given internet, FSD vanished.

what is DCR?

View attachment 1018299

View attachment 1018298
View attachment 1018300
View attachment 1018301

Appreciate any help.
i bought these 2 from ebay for testing (oem ones)
they worked just fine, 2 errors disappeared (s3/s4)
so, confirmed for myself that Chinese knock offs don't work (i like to experiment 😅)

Hey, I've 2013 Salvage titled Tesla S. I've encountered couple of the problems that I cannot solve with multiple trial and errors, maybe you would have some advices:
1. My car has no LTE connection, but it successfully connects to the Wifi;
2. My car is having version 8 software, no updates are available so far;
3. I was trying to get into service mode, when entering a password "service" nothing happens;
4. Google maps are loading very slowly;
5. I got my car added to Tesla App by tesla support as I provided proof of ownership, but my car doesn't update a state, it shows all the time Connecting... so I cannot control my car remotely. I've tried using third party apps - situation is the same, no data is passed from Tesla API;
6. Once I called tesla support - they told my car was last seen on their system online 4 years ago;
7. I see my car has free life time supercharge, but I have not tried it - probably it's not working due to salvage title;
8. I was calling unofficial service centres of tesla locally, they all were addressing the same thing - as certificates are revoked and your car cannot be updated from tesla directly and I need to take the car to them and do a manual software update;

Questions:
1. Does it means that I cannot use the app because the car has Salvage title on it?
2. Is there a way to trigger updates to my car?
3. Would it solve the issue if I upgrade my chip from 3G to LTE?

1. Does it means that I cannot use the app because the car has Salvage title on it?
No.
2. Is there a way to trigger updates to my car?
No.
3. Would it solve the issue if I upgrade my chip from 3G to LTE?
No.

2. My car is having version 8 software, no updates are available so far;
This is your problem, version 8 is way too old, and the way it connects to Tesla is no longer supported. The only way to update is to connect directly to the car and push the update onto it.

1713471382216.png

3. I was trying to get into service mode, when entering a password "service" nothing happens;
Version 8 software doesn't have service mode...

What @MP3Mike said, but adding, even if the car had newer software the SSL certificates needed for the car to connect to Tesla's back-end are long-since expired, so even if someone locally connects to the car and pushed an update it still wont connect. (Only some people have the skills to do that in any event.) The other thing you could wait until the eMMC fails (it will very soon), then take the car to Tesla, and they will replace the eMMC, and when doing that, they should be able to update the car and get it new certificates. Another option is paying Tesla for the MCU2 upgrade, which will include an LTE modem.

What @MP3Mike said, but adding, even if the car had newer software the SSL certificates needed for the car to connect to Tesla's back-end are long-since expired, so even if someone locally connects to the car and pushed an update it still wont connect. (Only some people have the skills to do that in any event.) The other thing you could wait until the eMMC fails (it will very soon), then take the car to Tesla, and they will replace the eMMC, and when doing that, they should be able to update the car and get it new certificates. Another option is paying Tesla for the MCU2 upgrade, which will include an LTE modem.
I'm interested in knowing if anyone knows a way to get updated SSL keys without being eligible for eMMC recall or upgrading to MCU2. I would imagine having the Tegra board replaced would have SSL keys recreated in the process. Or maybe there's a procedure for tesla service to just reprovision the hardware if it's otherwise in working order?

I know someone who their keys simply stopped working and hasn't had app access for 6+mo but their hardware is otherwise working fine. It was not running current firmware at the time which I'm guessing has to do with why the keys did not update.

Basically... if there's a car that has expired keys and no app access, what's the cheapest way of getting vpn to tesla working again and having app access once again on an out of warranty MCU1 pre-refresh S