Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry guys, I've been so busy I haven't had time to read/post here! I've got a huge amount of unread PM's I'll start working through. Please though, I prefer answering questions in a thread, not in a PM. I'd rather the limited time I have here to be spent in a way it can help the most amount of people. I'm supporting around 100 cars now, and it involves a surprising amount of communication to pull off all remotely.

Yes, ce2078, that's a "Ludicrous" active hybrid fuse.

That would fall under 'very, very curious', which is not covered by my earlier statement.

Should still be useful to someone as a test bed for ethernet testing, maybe even me. PM me some photos if you are interested in selling it.

Haha, I sent it to WK actually, as "payment" for saving my ass on that one. Bricked the car with it, had to drop another car's salvage MCU in. Just imagine the main (larger) ribbon to the screen being ripped off the board, and with it, comes the connector and the soldered pins. MCU still worked but you couldnt see anything.

hello , I just thinking of starting a salvage tesla repair project. Here is my first problem. I need driver steering wheel and knee and curtain air bags and both air bag for the passenger. I need to buy them new ( it is a regulation where I live ). I have three question : How much they will cost me ? Will it be easy to buy them ? Could I buy the air bag of a another company ? For exemple bmw use the same model of air bag

hello , I just thinking of starting a salvage tesla repair project. Here is my first problem. I need driver steering wheel and knee and curtain air bags and both air bag for the passenger. I need to buy them new ( it is a regulation where I live ). I have three question : How much they will cost me ? Will it be easy to buy them ? Could I buy the air bag of a another company ? For exemple bmw use the same model of air bag

Tesla only agrees to sell certain parts (structural/safety/drivetrain) to certified body shops. Your best bet would be to go as far as YOU can, then get on good terms with your local certified body shop and have them complete the airbag part (if you want it to be all officially good to go).

Otherwise, try to pick up the airbags on your own and install them from other salvage Teslas and go the uncertified route.

you can replace the subframe by taking off the front carrier, and slide it forward.

FRONT STABILIZER BAR LINK - LEFT 6007098-00-A

the lower arm is:
FRONT AFT LINK SUSPENSION ASSEMBLY 6007997-00-D
but you can also use:
FRONT AFT LINK SUSPENSION ASSEMBLY - DUAL MOTOR 1048951-00-A
it will fit.since Tesla have discontinued the 6007997-00-D

Hello, do you know where I can source these same exact parts? I got the LCA from ebay but need the stabilizer bar endlinks now. Thanks :)

I have 2013 model s , salvage car, did not certify it. I have try do that but service here is absolutely terrible.
So I fix it my self in 2013 and driving daily. Still love it. Some minor bugs but usually reset does the job.
I have few friend driving the salvage Tesla and they don't have much problem either.
So from the experience I can say Tesla did an excellent car, even with out support and old soft car doing great.
With the old soft I dont have any problem with 12 v battery, still original.

I have a stack of bad MCU's. Tesla's extensive logging wears out the eMMC flash and it usually gets corrupted and stops allowing writes. The only way to fix it is to replace the eMMC BGA which isn't easy. On all salvage cars I support, I disable logging to the eMMC unless we are trying to troubleshoot something that requires it. Not only does this prolong it's life extensively, but it also improves the performance of the CID in general.

I have a stack of bad MCU's. Tesla's extensive logging wears out the eMMC flash and it usually gets corrupted and stops allowing writes. The only way to fix it is to replace the eMMC BGA which isn't easy. On all salvage cars I support, I disable logging to the eMMC unless we are trying to troubleshoot something that requires it. Not only does this prolong it's life extensively, but it also improves the performance of the CID in general.
My log files are MASSIVE, but I'm not salvage, when we swapped my MCU out it took a couple of hours to download and upload them. I fear as they continue to grow the eMMC will fail as well... do you have any ideas on non salvage approaches to this?

My log files are MASSIVE, but I'm not salvage, when we swapped my MCU out it took a couple of hours to download and upload them. I fear as they continue to grow the eMMC will fail as well... do you have any ideas on non salvage approaches to this?
Yes, even on non-salvage you can disable logging. It requires root, but of course you could incur the wrath of Tesla if you root a supported car, so it's not something I advise.

I am working on a repair method. One thing you can do is make a backup of the system regularly in case of eMMC failure. Then at least it's a lot easier to recover from.

Why did you replace your MCU? I thought for the screen bubbles you just replaced the screen.

How did you clone the data over to the new unit?

Yes, even on non-salvage you can disable logging. It requires root, but of course you could incur the wrath of Tesla if you root a supported car, so it's not something I advise.

I am working on a repair method. One thing you can do is make a backup of the system regularly in case of eMMC failure. Then at least it's a lot easier to recover from.

Makes sense... upon the next pushed update I will incur Tesla's fury, until then just enjoying the full unlimited benefits of my car haha :)