Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rooter today our SC will treat the vehicle. I've persisted to completely follow all your advices. Let's see.
From other side this is not just a single problem of the car.
Another one is a backup camera issue - form time to time the picture is or black,or gray, or half of a picture.
And on weekend it showed Car needs service message with error code GTW_w042_cpMia:
recent_log_2019_02_17.jpg

It happened when the owner catched a pit on the road. Do you know what the code means?
and
Do you know where to get list of error codes for MS?

@rooter today our SC will treat the vehicle. I've persisted to completely follow all your advices. Let's see.
From other side this is not just a single problem of the car.
Another one is a backup camera issue - form time to time the picture is or black,or gray, or half of a picture.
And on weekend it showed Car needs service message with error code GTW_w042_cpMia:
View attachment 379034

It happened when the owner catched a pit on the road. Do you know what the code means?
and
Do you know where to get list of error codes for MS?
cpMia stands for charge port missing (in action)

Reactions: Knez
If you're seeing lots of problems which seem unrelated, it often means that there is a bad ground somewhere, particularly if the problems are in one region of the car.

There's a tendency for the ground lug to break off, on the inside of the right frame rail in the front of the car. If the SC fails, use the service manual to check all the ground points in the car.

Reactions: MP3Mike and Knez
it often means that there is a bad ground somewhere
Thank you very much! My intuition says that you pointed exactly the problem! Main damage was front-right end. I've passed your advice to my friend and the SC will check all points themself. Especially the well known bolt on the right rail. )))
Also bad ground explains the error:

Do the firmware versions 2019.4.x and/or 2019.5.x have the new authorisation system that was talked about to be in 2019.2 on reddit?
Does this really make rooting harder or impossible?

Yes, the 2019 builds make getting and keeping access significantly more difficult (for a variety of reasons). Do NOT update to the 2019 builds if you want or need to get root access on your car.

• Helpful
Reactions: GeorgeCM and robby
TACC is radar. It's always radar. You're doing the calibration wrong.
Thank you very much! SC recalibrated radar. The service staff said that the radar had counted birds but not cars. It works for now. Let's see if the error will return.
They changed charging port as a warranty case.
If you're seeing lots of problems which seem unrelated, it often means that there is a bad ground somewhere, particularly if the problems are in one region of the car.
They checked all points and didn't find anything wrong with a ground. But they couldn't repeat the problem with the camera. Everything worked perfect when the car was at SC.

hi, can anyone identify this part? it was fitted to the last salvage car I fixed, a late 2016 90d, it's mounted in the shroud on the bumper next to the temp sensor, and connects to the front bumper harness, the car i am currently repairing which is the same year and model has this missing,
thanks!
Alexander

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 165
Hi everyone, greetings from Ireland. I purchased an S85D to rebuild and im nearly finished, the only hurdle i hae left is the dead MCU.
The 10 amp fuse for the charging and MCU was blown, i've reoplaced that but it still doesnt come to life, i swapped the sim for a local sim
and it has spoken to Tesla a few times and has advised me there's an update needed but no matter how many reboots i do i cannot get it
to wake up. I've replaced the 12v battery for a new one but still no luck. I've bought a replacment MCU from ebay so im now in a situation of how to deal with the software. Any help/tips/advice would be hugely appreciated.