Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My salvage m3 supercharged up until 2 weeks ago.
It no longer supercharges but I can rapid charge CCS at bp/shell/gridserve
Does anyone know if salvage titles can supercharge in Europe at the stations that have been opened up to non teslas
Came here to say the same thing happened to me a couple days ago. I noticed I wasn’t getting to the sort of speeds expected though (only max 44kw on a 350kw charger) but wasn’t sure if this was because I didn’t precondition the battery….

Anyone know if the passenger knee airbag and driver knee airbag are interchangeable? 2014 Model S. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a driver side knee airbag, P# 1005259 with the passenger side being P# 1005260. They look entirely identical, with the connector on the same side and everything.

I don’t know if they are interchangeable (I found a rare driver’s side airbag to repair my Tesla), but I know that you can buy a different revision of the airbag if you keep the plastic tab in the connector, so make sure you don’t lose that!

Has anyone been able to successfully reenable supercharging on their car after having it disabled?

No idea how it’s set up but I assume it’s literally just a flag against the car that could easily been toggled on/off. Have any Tesla engineers ever explained how it works?

The guy who rebuilt my M3P said he can root the models with the older chip but not the newer ones. Do you think it’ll ever be possible to root the newer chips?

And looking at the other option, has anyone gone through the whole battery inspection costs by Tesla in an attempt for them to reenable supercharging? Interested to know what they did, how much it cost and whether they ended up reenabling it.

A few takes:

- Reenabling SC is something well understood, but you need access to that flag, and Tesla is making it harder every day. In MCU1 it’s easy. In MCU2 it can be done, especially in earlier units. In MCU3, I don’t know. Also, Tesla is implementing SC blocking on the charger side, which would be much harder to revert (you would need to do shady things like, maybe, spoofing your VIN, and then you might really get into serious trouble). My take here is if you go salvage, focus on 3rd party DC charging.

- The HV inspection WON’T allow you to SC. It’s there so if tomorrow you need to repair an HV component, then the service center will do it, assuming you passed the inspection. No inspection, no HV service. But in any case will SC be reinstated.

Tesla policies might change, but this is what I’ve read and seen everywhere for quite a while.

Reactions: Ebkbk and LayZ
Interesting, I didn’t know it was possible in MCU2 at all, any pointers to where I can read more about that?

I actually booked Tesla in to replace my wing mirror and they refused because it hadn’t been through HV inspection. Crazy! Ended up replacing myself but still, I’m surprised that they refuse all work on the car.

Not that I agree with Tesla, but I think the concern is having a vehicle with a possibly damaged battery that might catch fire and cause major damage to other customers' cars nearby. I suspect they want to minimize time and work on any suspect car until they know it is safe, so the general policy is no work until they know the car is safe.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
That I do not know. I thought about that when trying to find a solution. My initial guess is that to connect to SC it has to recognize the car and who to charge/credit card for the electricity. I don’t think it can do that if you disconnect cellular antenna. The solution I proposed is a workaround and takes a few minutes using their mobile app and an alternate email. If you want a more permanent solution there are some people that root software but for me I now charge at home mainly and only use SC for long trips. I did use the transfer thing for a month or two before I installed my Tesla wall charger. I guess you can try your solution but my workaround allows you to still get software updates and such.
I would like to know if there is a more permanent fix. I had the car transferred to me last night, supercharged once and it’s disabled already.

Interesting, I didn’t know it was possible in MCU2 at all, any pointers to where I can read more about that?

I actually booked Tesla in to replace my wing mirror and they refused because it hadn’t been through HV inspection. Crazy! Ended up replacing myself but still, I’m surprised that they refuse all work on the car.
My car has been serviced many times at the Salt Lake City service center without a hitch, they even gave me for free a new towhook once my car was towed with a destroyed tire, because the old one was bent. They are perfectly aware that my car is salvage, and the only time they took that into consideration is when I requested an estimate to replace the battery pyrofuse. Then they included the HV inspection in their estimate.

Regarding reenabling SC in MCU2, well… You need more than rooting, and rooting is quite complicated. As I said, I would stay with 3rd party DC charging.

Also, I think Tesla’s policies are draconian sometimes, but if they own the network, I don’t see how they can’t deny SC to some cars. Their network, their rules. What they can’t do is not allow you to DC charge somewhere else.

I don’t think toolbox2 is offered anymore. They removed it when they gave the service manuals for free (or at least I stop seeing it among the offered options).
I don’t think toolbox2 is offered anymore. They removed it when they gave the service manuals for free (or at least I stop seeing it among the offered options).
Regarding reenabling SC in MCU2, well… You need more than rooting, and rooting is quite complicated. As I said, I would stay with 3rd party DC charging.

Also, I think Tesla’s policies are draconian sometimes, but if they own the network, I don’t see how they can’t deny SC to some cars. Their network, their rules. What they can’t do is not allow you to DC charge somewhere else.
Hey M0rpH3x,

Do you mind sending me a pm regarding plc adapter and 3rd party charging? I’m on mcu1 2021.24 and would like to ask a few questions regarding what I’m currently doing for “other fast charge” and what I’d like to modify. I’m not looking for re-enabling SC, I’ll wait until that’s more “legal”. Thanks!

Hey all,
Have a weird issue with air suspension.
It worked fine on v10.2 n i set it to normal. Then worked on the car for a while, had it off n on few times.
Got it updated to v11 n rooted, even test drove.
Today i wanted to raise it to high but it was greyed out, along with very high.
Standard/low/very low were white color, i hit low n it went to low n now even standard is greyed out.
Seems it will only go down but not up. Fuse is good.
Anyone know what this mean?

Hey all,
Have a weird issue with air suspension.
It worked fine on v10.2 n i set it to normal. Then worked on the car for a while, had it off n on few times.
Got it updated to v11 n rooted, even test drove.
Today i wanted to raise it to high but it was greyed out, along with very high.
Standard/low/very low were white color, i hit low n it went to low n now even standard is greyed out.
Seems it will only go down but not up. Fuse is good.
Anyone know what this mean?
You sure all doors+liftgate are closed and no errors for open doors/liftgate on the screen? Did you check service error log?

• Love
Reactions: brainhouston
I have a MCU2 2020 M3P and as it’s coming up to 3 years old I’m interested in unlocking the UNECE restrictions on the car, since the likelihood of me realising any benefit from having purchased FSD any time soon is negligible. I’m sick of Summon and everything else being so crippled.

As I understand it most if not all of the restrictions are controlled by a flag - “ece_vehicle”, which on European cars is set to true.

I’m waiting to get a configuration output from a car that is doing advanced ADAS testing in the UK, that has this flag disabled (and possibly others).

Would I be right in assuming to change this flag I’d need to root the car? Does this have to be done with the car physically there, i.e. do I need to try and find someone in the UK that can do it?

Lastly, is it likely I would lose the remaining year of my warranty doing this?