Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Satellite map visualisation and traffic on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just been out for a drive to see how good the traffic warnings are and have to say I am really unimpressed. I thought the traffic would be real time, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Do we know where it gets it's information from? If this is £10 a month I don't think I would bother. Shame as I was really excited by this.

I have just been out for a drive to see how good the traffic warnings are and have to say I am really unimpressed. I thought the traffic would be real time, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Do we know where it gets it's information from? If this is £10 a month I don't think I would bother. Shame as I was really excited by this.
Drove from north of Manchester to Stafford on a busy M6 return after Christmas and it seemed pretty accurate on telling me where the traffic was. A comparison with google and Waze at the same time suggested that not giving an alternative route was due to no alternative route rather than it failing. Im not 100% sure it’s being smart yet but at least when I can see the traffic on the map, I have a better chance of proving it one way or the other.

Drove from north of Manchester to Stafford on a busy M6 return after Christmas and it seemed pretty accurate on telling me where the traffic was. A comparison with google and Waze at the same time suggested that not giving an alternative route was due to no alternative route rather than it failing. Im not 100% sure it’s being smart yet but at least when I can see the traffic on the map, I have a better chance of proving it one way or the other.
That’s good to know, maybe it was just an odd trip for me. It was showing several orange and red lines for me when the roads were empty.

Reactions: ChrisA70
Orange and red for non existent traffic is pretty common, especially local roads. But it is useful if stuck in a jam on motorway to see how far you have to endure it for, even if the positions and type of intermediate red and yellow segments are stale. So overall useful but not a necessity.

Would I pay to have traffic etc, no, but would be nice if it could run off a hotspot (I don't think it will) for pertinent journeys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenlips