Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saw a Cybertruck in Person at a Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a Cybertruck charging at Firebaugh yesterday. First time seeing one up close in person. Pretty amazing and it really draws a crowd. Can’t wait to get one!

IMG_7011.jpeg
IMG_7005.jpeg
IMG_6995.jpeg
IMG_6989.jpeg
IMG_6981.jpeg
IMG_6973.jpeg
IMG_6976.jpeg

Last night at a NYE party, I spoke with someone who joined his son (a Model 3 owner) that morning at the Albuquerque supercharger on Louisiana Blvd and parked next to a Cybertruck! He had no pictures, but said that all the Tesla owners at the SC were swarming all over the CT! I would have liked to see a pic of a 3 next to the CT!

Reactions: ionsphere
That was my initial impression. I’ve watched virtually every video and have seen one drive by in the distance in Lake Tahoe, but up close, it was much smaller than I imagined. Shorter than I envisioned and not as long.
Right? That’s my concern as initially I was looking for it to be at least aggressive and meaty looking to go along with its specs. Not interested in a truck which looks like an an SUV with a bed. No offence to CT lovers!

Turns out it’s made for the masses and non traditional truck drivers …or as a tester for future Mars vehicle.😉

Saw a Cybertruck charging at Firebaugh yesterday. First time seeing one up close in person. Pretty amazing and it really draws a crowd. Can’t wait to get one!

View attachment 1004653View attachment 1004654View attachment 1004655View attachment 1004656View attachment 1004657View attachment 1004658View attachment 1004659
These are great pictures thanks! For a minute when I first looked at the second picture I thought it looked like the owner had installed some kind of solar panels all over it lol now that would be kind of awesome, to have a solar-powered electric vehicle 😁

Reactions: El joe
Really? the thing looks like a steel box with sharp edges. Not sure what you would consider "tough looking" lol.
Maybe a row of spikes all around it? I think it looks pretty tough though. Somewhat space age but that kind of fits. I like it allot, and I would get one if it was more available and more affordable but interested in watching the evolution of it. I hope more people post on here that own them and their personal experiences with the cybertruck

Reactions: cusetownusa
Really? the thing looks like a steel box with sharp edges. Not sure what you would consider "tough looking" lol.
I meant the overall stature. Lower than imagined. When I think ‘tough’, I’m in my model Y and a truck pulls up next to me and I’m easily a foot to 18” lower in seating.
The truck behind me in my rear view looks like it could ash through the soft little plastic bumper and run me over.
A dodge Ram, F150 achieves this daily.

I know this is not teslas goal nor mass market.

The silver box great. Maybe just thought it would look ‘meaner’ that’s all. Not so…refined for masses.

Very cool!

But wow...that little kid in the 6th pic walking in front of the Cybertruck may be completely missed by the driver pulling out of the stall. Then again, that child could be missed by any truck with blockage of lower view.
Yeah, that front camera is going to be extremely important all around, especially with a vision-only system. :/

Reactions: Slipstream
CyberTrucks were intentionally made that size, to allow them to fit into more garages. Many truck buyers purchase a large, tough looking truck, only to find it will not fit into their garages.
CyberTruck is small as possible, while still being able to carry a 4X8 sheet of plywood in the bed.

People often make their ICE trucks agressive looking by installing winches, aftermarket bumpers and push bars, large tires with heavy lugs, toneau covers, side steps, wheel arches, accessory lighting, decals etc.

Yeah, that front camera is going to be extremely important all around, especially with a vision-only system. :/
Okay this may be a stupid question but in my MY if I have a front camera
Okay I don't know if this is a dumb question but in my MY when I look at the camera view there is only the two sides and the rear. I don't seem to have a front camera at least that I can see on my screen. Why wouldn't I be able to see my cameras view from the front? This is especially helpful when parking or in other close quarters

Okay this may be a stupid question but in my MY if I have a front camera
Okay I don't know if this is a dumb question but in my MY when I look at the camera view there is only the two sides and the rear. I don't seem to have a front camera at least that I can see on my screen. Why wouldn't I be able to see my cameras view from the front? This is especially helpful when parking or in other close quarters
Cybertruck has an additional front camera. I have a 2020 Might as well, and that front camera is lodged in the housing in front of my rearview mirror. Cybertruck has an additional one in front of the bumper. That’s the one I’m hoping people will use to spot objects in front of the car that they can’t see due to the truck’s configuration:

1704561648601.png

• Informative
Reactions: ionsphere
Cybertruck has an additional front camera. I have a 2020 Might as well, and that front camera is lodged in the housing in front of my rearview mirror. Cybertruck has an additional one in front of the bumper. That’s the one I’m hoping people will use to spot objects in front of the car that they can’t see due to the truck’s configuration:

View attachment 1006550
Yes thanks. I would love one of those on my 2023 MY, especially to help in tight parking spaces since my model does not have USS. I really preferred parking in my old Hyundai which had a top-down realistic view. I was surprised that Tesla is lagging behind Hyundai in this capability

Reactions: El joe