Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Changes with New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla cannot force you to update. There are many Model S owners still on firmware versions that are EOL
They actually can, they just don't use it except in extreme circumstances. In 2013 they pushed a mandatory, non-deferrable update over cellular to raise the minimum air suspension setting after impacts with road debris caused several fires. As far as I'm aware, this is the only time they've ever pushed a completely mandatory update and since have mostly used carrot/stick methods to get people to allow the updates.

Although I think there is a small portion of the fleet that could potentially be immune now, though, after the change to the update process left them unable to receive updates after a change back in May 2020.

• Informative
Reactions: glide
you guys do realize this is an interim update for when FSD comes out in all its glory...? Tesla is making real estate change son the screen to accommodate. Get used to it - that is their software cash flow... I do agree on PRD on the side pretty small..

Yep, but so many ways they could make that better. With the PRND they could change the current mode for more contrast, like if in drive then make that D red or invert the text in that position or draw a box around that character. We need something with better contrast and visibility than the current 2020.48.30 GUI. Several times now I had to double check what mode I was in, did not trust it.

Reading is important. You cited no source, misinterpreted a tweet, and are still trying to defend it as fact.

I'm not trying to defend anything as fact. You're just too stubborn to see I already admitted I made a mistake because you don't know how to read. Humans make mistakes, I admitted I made a mistake and in you're infatuation with trying to prove me wrong, you didn't read my original post correctly where I specifically stated that the tweet may have been about the holiday update.

Get over yourself.

I'm not trying to defend anything as fact. You're just too stubborn to see I already admitted I made a mistake because you don't know how to read. Humans make mistakes, I admitted I made a mistake and in you're infatuation with trying to prove me wrong, you didn't read my original post correctly where I specifically stated that the tweet may have been about the holiday update.

Get over yourself.
Whatever you say, my guy. Why don’t you go downvote some more random posts of mine.

Whatever you say, my guy. Why don’t you go downvote some more random posts of mine.

I mean, facts are facts and they're all in this thread. You were just too stubborn to actually read what was written in your haste to try to be a hero and prove me wrong. You are one to talk because you've been down voting all of my posts in this thread. The pot calling the kettle black. LOL. You want to be petty? I can be petty.

Get over yourself buttercup and maybe next time take the time to actually read before posting. Will save you the embarrassment later on.

I could care less about someone wanting to get the correct info.
Do you mean you could not care less? And this is exactly the problem. You’re fine with spreading around nonsense as fact.

Here’s your quote about “That fictional timeline”. Also WRONG.
V11 is around there corner. I'm estimating in a week or two. I'm expecting an improvement and or customization potential.
You’re estimating V11 in a week or two? No. False.
You’re estimating a Holiday update in a week or two? Also false.

You’ve admitted you were wrong and that your info was bogus because you got all hyped up and could not comprehend the content of a tweet. Maybe you should be the one eating the humble pie.

HotIce: Thanks for posting the tweet. That's all I was asking for.

TOO many prognosticators abound in the world of Tesla consumers. In most cases, their predictions of timelines are wrong. That's a fact.

Everyone has settings that please them while those same settings may be disagreeable to others. All many of us are suggesting (and some say it's coming) is the ability to allocate screen real estate as we see fit.

I don't give a hoot about FSD visualization as I didn't purchase FSD. I would give more area to the map and audio and less or none to the FSD visualization... but that's just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Needsdecaf
^^^agreed. I don't need "visualization" of what's around me. I can see that for myself. It's called peripheral vision, and a flexible neck.

Tesla is trapped, with consumers thinking there is infinite flexibility with software updates. We're all quite spoiled by the expectation.

I'm not going to lose sleep over screen changes. If anything, the changes keep me alert, and engaged!

Reactions: NY_Rob
It seems kind of strange that Tesla couldn't have different screen formats for FSD and non-FSD equipped cars. After all, they know not to make the Boombox update available if there is no PWS speaker present. You'd think they could adapt the screen as well, so that if you purchased FSD, it would d/l the new screen format as well. I probably won't notice a difference as I'm ordering my car later this month, and the new format is all I will have known.

Do you mean you could not care less? And this is exactly the problem. You’re fine with spreading around nonsense as fact.

Here’s your quote about “That fictional timeline”. Also WRONG.

You’re estimating V11 in a week or two? No. False.
You’re estimating a Holiday update in a week or two? Also false.

You’ve admitted you were wrong and that your info was bogus because you got all hyped up and could not comprehend the content of a tweet. Maybe you should be the one eating the humble pie.

I didn't know it was possible for someone to be this dense. Seriously. Time to move on. This conversation is going nowhere and I'm not going to keep repeating myself.