Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second High Voltage Battery Replacement 2013 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

juliusa

Oct 6, 2013
Connecticut
Has anyone else had their battery replaced, and then had the replacement fail?

My battery failed at 8 years 217,000 miles. BMS_u029.
Replaced with "reman" battery. BATT,S3,BB,REMAN,MDLS(1088815-01-B)
16 months and 57,000 miles later and it seems I need another replacement. BMS_u029. Car won't charge past 38%.

I'm still waiting to hear from Tesla (it is in "Technical Assessment" at this point).

Replacing the battery every time I get new tires is not sustainable.

After your first battery failed did you find any way to monitor the battery health? I have a 2015 S and its warranty is about to expire, and I'm getting very nervous. So far Tesla has refused to do a diagnostic on it for me. I want it checked before my warranty expires. I also have a Volt and its got an App you can connect to the car with the OBDII port and see individual cell voltages. You know you have a problem if you have a cell out of range with the rest.

After your first battery failed did you find any way to monitor the battery health? I have a 2015 S and its warranty is about to expire, and I'm getting very nervous. So far Tesla has refused to do a diagnostic on it for me. I want it checked before my warranty expires. I also have a Volt and its got an App you can connect to the car with the OBDII port and see individual cell voltages. You know you have a problem if you have a cell out of range with the rest.
It’s called ScanMyTesla. Search for that term and you’ll find everything you want.

Not that Tesla will do anything for you based on the output of this tool…

Reactions: buckets0fun

wrote this summary on assessing battery health. I think thats about all an average consumer with a scan tool can do.