Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Security Guards at Super Charger Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there is one that needs a security guard, it would be the one in Macon, GA. It looks as the area is being gentrified but it's directly across the street from a bunch of abandoned buildings and a rather shady looking bus station.
The guards are to protect the superchargers, not you. Many in remote areas in California have been vandalized and/or had electrical equipment stolen. Though having a guard would also deter other problems.

Reactions: jelloslug
I find it highly amusing that someone actually thought those of us talking about automated laser / sentry guns were being serious.

REALLY?

Now that isn't to say I won't install my own Sentry Nerf gun turret at work to protect my redline stapler, but no it's not really going to work to protect a supercharger location. Geez.

I need that nerf gun turret for drones that buzz our pool in the summer. Actually a water cannon would work better... or an RF Cannon to block the control frequency channel (5.8 Ghz blocker).... I really want the nerf gun turret.... really.... I do...

California sounds sketchy - people are so low they will screw with the charging equipment? Must be those people with the aluminum foil hats you see in on the staged protests for the MSM about stuff no one else in the country cares about.

Redline stapler - i need it to protect that too!

No, no you can't. Dogs don't accidentally go off and kill a kid every 12 hours on average. They also can't be used to massacre school kids. No, dogs aren't the same as guns. They aren't a man's best friend unless you're ISIS.
Well if you are going to compare it that way, according to the CDC, between 2002 and 2011, 9000 children were killed in car accidents. So that would mean cars "go off accidentally" and kill a kid every 9.6 hours—more frequently than the gun you refer to. Also, guns don't really go off accidentally, someone pulled the trigger. But I would agree that we should work to make both safer. For cars, the safety features are obvious, but perhaps one of the biggest is getting people to drive more safely, pay attention, etc. For guns, it is to store them appropriately. Both cars and guns are useful tools that can be used safely (safe to the user) with proper education. I have had one or more of my guns in my roadster way more often than my dog (the latter, never as the guns don't mess up the car seats/leather/windows like the dog does!)

in situations like that a rent a cop
No, no you can't. Dogs don't accidentally go off and kill a kid every 12 hours on average. They also can't be used to massacre school kids. No, dogs aren't the same as guns. They aren't a man's best friend unless you're ISIS.
the ignorance displayed in this post is appalling. the propaganda has worked well on this one.
you should be aware that guns are inanimate objects, they never discharge without human interaction. as for massacring school kids, was it the firearm that did the act or was it the person in control of the firearm that did the act?
if you don't like guns that's fine but don not try to impose your values onto others. please do us all a favor and keep your anti gun views to yourself, if you do, I will promise not to post an opposing view.

in situations like that a rent a cop

the ignorance displayed in this post is appalling. the propaganda has worked well on this one.
you should be aware that guns are inanimate objects, they never discharge without human interaction. as for massacring school kids, was it the firearm that did the act or was it the person in control of the firearm that did the act?
if you don't like guns that's fine but don not try to impose your values onto others. please do us all a favor and keep your anti gun views to yourself, if you do, I will promise not to post an opposing view.

Ignorance. All you NRA types need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. I didn't bring up guns first. Keep grasping at straws.

• Disagree
Reactions: chammerbeck
Is it the dog that maims or the owner who doesn't properly train and manage their dog?
it could be the dog or the owner or both. you don't offer a scenario of a particular situation, was the dog out running on it's own, was it under the control of a human, you need to ask a more specific question.
that said, since the dog, unlike a firearm, is living being capable of taking action on it's own this is a non sequitur.

Wow. We always devolve to this.

Interesting that ISIS has figured out that automobiles are more effective than guns and bombs.

Any tool is a weapon when employed with destructive intent. Right?

In fact guns are so old school when you can use the media to create polarity.

Back on topic. Wonder if Tesla could harness the cameras on the vehicles to act as roving security cameras and capture all activity at Superchargers. Option 2 install them at the stalls.

Wifi to an LTE hotspot could work - hell even a RING Door Bell could work... 720p should provide the clarity needed to capture the perps.

The first people I would check on is the subcontractor who installed the site....they know the value of copper and have the skills and tools to quickly remove the valuable components.