Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also rolled puts - 275s this Friday to next Friday for $7 ish credit. I could have taken assignment at 275 and decided that I already have plenty (too much) shares and purchased calls for upside exposure. I wanted to keep this cash as cash, though of course it too will benefit from a move up :)

No cc open over the weekend - we'll see what we see over the weekend and Monday.

rolled BW to 10/14 while there is still good credit

1664571945701.png

Reactions: BornToFly
First week end without any sold Covered Calls. I feel like I am missing out.

One one hand the macro is going for the next leg lower because SPY hasn’t rebound on support and we clearly don’t have a double bottom. On the other hand Tesla might post the best P&D quarter ever in a market where every company sales is slowing down.

I wonder when the smart money is going to move in. I am starting to become more and more cautious in selling agressive CCs because of that but the macro environment is still a disaster.

First week end without any sold Covered Calls. I feel like I am missing out.

One one hand the macro is going for the next leg lower because SPY hasn’t rebound on support and we clearly don’t have a double bottom. On the other hand Tesla might post the best P&D quarter ever in a market where every company sales is slowing down.

I wonder when the smart money is going to move in. I am starting to become more and more cautious in selling agressive CCs because of that but the macro environment is still a disaster.

Fear of missing out on premium has cost members of this board, including myself, stomach-churning piles of money. Kudos to you for not letting greed overtake your Spidey sense, better judgement, and gut feeling.

It makes little sense to sell covered calls immediately after a major fall in the stock price unless you need to sell stock in the very near term.

You are spot on that there are good cases to be made for imminent race to much higher or much lower stock price from here. I am being very cautious about selling weekly options spreads and focusing mostly on day trading TSLA options.

Stay safe out there, friends

Tesla stated that had a lot of sold cars in-transit. Production numbers are good. So I'm not sure it's certain the stock will drop

Also given the excellent AI Day, I really don't know how that will be received either

Still earnings to come, which should be great and Q4 should be mega... but yeah, a lot of kicking the can down the road, I guess

Martin states it clearly, they're unwinding the wave:

Last edited:
Numbers are really good to me, any idea what were analysts expectations? (probably some insanely high so they can set it up for a fail..)
Production was in line with expectations

Deliveries were 20k short of expectations. Tesla explained that this was delivery logistics related.

Headlines will call this a miss and that may put pressure on the stock this week.

I am cautiously optimistic that things are going well but we will have to wait until the ER for the deets.

Reactions: samppa
Tesla stated that had a lot of sold cars in-transit. Production numbers are good. So I'm not sure it's certain the stock will drop

Also given the excellent AI Day, I really don't know how that will be received either

Still earnings to come, which should be great and Q4 should be mega... but yeah, a lot of kicking the can down the road, I guess

Martin states it clearly, they're unwinding the wave:

I've been wanting the delivery wave / process they've used since the beginning, to be unwound since before Model 3. If this is when they finally actually do it, and not talk about it, then I'll be a happy camper.

This will be spun as a miss. I've always cared most about production numbers, so 365k is right there. Mission is on track, nothing interesting to see. News and most investors will see 343k sales and that'll be a short term miss.

*sigh*
Yeah, deliveries only grew from 254k to 343k, it's amazing how that can be spun as miss.

Totally agree with you about the EOQ wave, maybe Tesla will finally just not care about it anymore. Hope.

Reactions: BornToFly
I'm feeling stupid now for closing my CCs for this Friday. I'll try to sell them again tomorrow morning for a lot less than I closed them for on Thursday.
I'm also debating trying to leg out of my ITM BPS for a better roll. Buy to close the short leg, and then wait for a further SP drop to sell to close the long leg, and then open new BPS for 2024. o_O

I'm thinking the Credit Suisse news on top of everything else will make for another Red Macro day tomorrow.

Obviously my pessimism is not advice....

I'm thinking the Credit Suisse news on top of everything else will make for another Red Macro day tomorrow.

Obviously my pessimism is not advice....
Who's to say. Shadier and more leveraged operators like Credit Suisse and DB should be forced into liquidating some stuff if the Fed's moves are having an effect.

Maybe the market sees that as inflation progress. After all, phenomenal jobs numbers to now cause for a huge red day.