Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't know what to make of this. "Flow Sentiment" is still Bullish, but "Customer Positioning" for today changed to a big red bar.
Which is it?...
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 9.45.19 AM.png

@Yoona : regarding stock repair strategy (in your The Wheel chart), you say in the stock repair step: "if stock up, exercise +c, assignment on 2x -c , result: no stock".

You have 200 shares before this step.

The sold calls result in the shares being called away at the strike of the sold calls.

But doesn't exercising the bought call ($800 in your example) mean you end up with 100 shares @ $80.000 ? Or do you mean you just sell the bought call for profit?

I'll have to do more maths on this, but does this always get you back to cost basis? (No need to reply, I'll check it out in detail when I have more time. Thanks for sharing your chart anyway)

Reactions: UncaNed
Does Belgium have a more sane car sales system than the US? As in you have a sticker price, but what you pay comes down to your negotiating skills and the particular dealer you go to?

Here the price transparency with Tesla (even if the price is volatile) is generally a breath of fresh air for new customers.
Yeah, it's a bit the same yes, but not quite as intense. The last time I bought a non-Tesla I haggled for some free upgrades and got them

@Yoona : regarding stock repair strategy (in your The Wheel chart), you say in the stock repair step: "if stock up, exercise +c, assignment on 2x -c , result: no stock".

You have 200 shares before this step.

The sold calls result in the shares being called away at the strike of the sold calls.

But doesn't exercising the bought call ($800 in your example) mean you end up with 100 shares @ $80.000 ? Or do you mean you just sell the bought call for profit?

I'll have to do more maths on this, but does this always get you back to cost basis? (No need to reply, I'll check it out in detail when I have more time. Thanks for sharing your chart anyway)
stock repair is always +cx1 and -cx2

the 1st -c is the original CC (with stock)

the 2nd -c is paired with the +c (to make sure nothing is naked)

hence, stock repair is 2 covered calls (long + synthetic)

in my wheel, it would be
  • +cx2 -cx4 if i implement the straddle step, or
  • +cx1 -cx2 if i skip the straddle step
correct, "this always get you back to cost basis" so grand total is 0 income BUT THERE IS A HIDDEN TRICK: if the credit of -cx2 is greater than the cost of +c1, you get a weekly income and that income gets even bigger if you leg in the +cx1 (buy at dip) and -cx2 (sell at peak)

@Yoona when you get a chance can you take a look and share your thoughts on TSLA for next week and after? Some mixed signals and curious what you’re seeing.

Thanks 🙏
so very sorry to be the bearer of bad news

1716568777580.png

1716568950800.png

we've seen this happen before, where we were given a large red gamma warning more than 1 month in advance that the stock would drop big:
we were warned as early as Feb 5 that ~150 was coming up:

so very sorry to be the bearer of bad news

View attachment 1050145
View attachment 1050148

we've seen this happen before, where we were given a large red gamma warning more than 1 month in advance that the stock would drop big:

Thanks.

1) What about the next week and two? So many green GEX bars imply bullish but I’ve also seen market ignore that too and do the opposite.
Pop and drop next week?

2) Are you suggesting 6/21 a hint of <100 o_O

1716573682859.png

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. Remember the below trade someone had made (which has certainly intrigued me far more than it warrants)? As of right now, Fidelity is quoting those options at $0.71, not the $7.71 that were paid, for a $2.1M loss / 90.8% loss (if still held, of course).
bought above ask 3000 contracts

View attachment 1044792

Bottom line...sometimes someone placing a large call buy order is just someone placing a large call buy order based on no more knowledge / information / ability-to-assess as the rest of us...maybe just someone hoping to get lucky or something.

• Informative
stock repair is always +cx1 and -cx2

the 1st -c is the original CC (with stock)

the 2nd -c is paired with the +c (to make sure nothing is naked)

hence, stock repair is 2 covered calls (long + synthetic)

in my wheel, it would be
  • +cx2 -cx4 if i implement the straddle step, or
  • +cx1 -cx2 if i skip the straddle step
correct, "this always get you back to cost basis" so grand total is 0 income BUT THERE IS A HIDDEN TRICK: if the credit of -cx2 is greater than the cost of +c1, you get a weekly income and that income gets even bigger if you leg in the +cx1 (buy at dip) and -cx2 (sell at peak)

Sold a ITM NVDA put when you said it was bound for a break out

Can I send you 10% of my profits

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_6233.jpeg
    IMG_6233.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 3
Sell, more fool me for not treating this week's 25x -c170's yesterday - I had a limit sell into close, which missed by 5c, should have sold at market, would have been laughing today!

Anyway, so not trying to decide the best course of action, to roll:
- lot to next week -c170 for +$1 per contract
- roll to next week 22x contracts versus 25x for break-even
- 6/21 -c180 for a small debit

Have been waiting to see if we get a pull back to Max Pain 177.5 at any point, but it has been very stubborn today, despite the low volume, maybe it will come before close...

$160.25 in play below $170.99. Above $170.99 can see $179.42 which can be shorted back to $170.99-160.25. A close above $179.42 neutralizes the sell signal and can see $195.44 by end of next week.

Watch/Listen at 1.75x speed:

View attachment 1049914
"A close above $179.42 neutralizes the sell signal and can see $195.44 by end of next week."

And here we are at $179.92 already...

4:02 PM EST edit: Perhaps I got myself all worked up for nothing, having closed today at $179.24...

Last edited:
Maybe Maybe we are hitting that super rare scenarios where TSLA just pump to the Moon........carry by Market Euphoria and AI AI AI?

My Put Spread 165/160 are at 1/3 values now. But Exp are still out there and cost are low. Will hold for now.

Meanwhile, riding the NVDA and AAPL bandwagon for next few weeks. NVDA 1100+ anyone. Wicked did outline a potential of 1180 in 2-3 weeks, as long as 1034 HOLD.

Sold 1020 PUTS for 6/7 for NVDA
Bought 192.5 CALL for 5/31 for AAPL

Different stroke for different stoke....

Last edited: