Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And @UltradoomY predicts an insane FOMO rally Monday to Wednesday ;) .
I just wonder how hard and fast the FUD engine is going to spin up. I fully expect my news feed to be laden with drivel (I use these words as the words I want to use are not forum friendly) and I'm looking forward to the day when we can have a blow out earnings week without defending from the barbarians at the gate.

Also, I have STO 10x BPS 950/700 for 2/18 and open calls (BTO) for $1k strike, 2/18 and 3/18 expiry, so you can see which way I'm betting :)

extremely tempted 1/28 BCS -c1400/+c1500 for quick $10k, 40% OTM 2 delta
I can't bring myself to get those, but I'm eyeing BCS as well. I highly doubt it, but Tesla could recognize a bunch of unrealized revenue, I believe it is around ~2B. I don't want to be in front of that train...

I leveraged up a bit / derisked concentration on 1/28

rolled 1/28 1050/900 BPS to 1/28 1050/950 BPS, freeing up 100k margin. Used that to open 2/11 1050/850 BPS in case things take longer after next week to realize. More delta, bit less theta and removed some concentration risk for next week in case we get a black swan or so..
The problem I see is you locked a bunch of margin two weeks further out, and to a fairly high risk spread (we could drop below 950 in three weeks). I'm thinking of closing some OTM BPS for next week that are at 65% profit so I have more margin to widen my ITM spreads for 1/28 if things go poorly next week.

The problem I see is you locked a bunch of margin two weeks further out, and to a fairly high risk spread (we could drop below 950 in three weeks). I'm thinking of closing some OTM BPS for next week that are at 65% profit so I have more margin to widen my ITM spreads for 1/28 if things go poorly next week.
The 850 will be rolled up in time to reduce margin, after more theta flowed out of e.g. the 900s. Or on a spike to the upside which i expect.
Also having the lower leg @850 gives many rolling opportunities if things go sideways. I.e. out to april or so and then just sit it out.

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
@TheTalkingMule : this is my equivalent of you loading up on short term yolo calls.
Lol.....that's precisely what I did as well. 1040/940 and 1060/960 BPS at high premium that I then rolled to 1/28 for a good bit more premium. Will roll them next week if I must, but I highly doubt I'll need to.

On the recent crashes also added 1/21 1000/900 BPS at huge premium. Looking to roll them to 1/28 this afternoon for another $22 in premium. Just so I don't have to think about them tomorrow.

If we drift up toward 1100 tomorrow like I think we will, happy hour will be starting early.

Edit: Technically I did try to buy at today's open $1050c @ $4.20 for tomorrow expiry, but it never executed. That's kinda a YOLO.

Ok, just helped out everyone with BPS for this week. Sold some CCs 1/21 -c1055s for $7.20. Now watch the SP FOMO. Probably dumb, but it sure looks like they want to hold the SP between 1000-1050, with a laser-focused target of 1020+/-5. Worst case, I’ll just close for a loss or roll to 1/28 for the IV crunch. I certainly wouldn’t mind a bit of rise since I have a bunch of 1/28 1070-1100 puts.

Ok, just helped out everyone with BPS for this week. Sold some CCs 1/21 -c1055s for $7.20. Now watch the SP FOMO. Probably dumb, but it sure looks like they want to hold the SP between 1000-1050, with a laser-focused target of 1020+/-5. Worst case, I’ll just close for a loss or roll to 1/28 for the IV crunch. I certainly wouldn’t mind a bit of rise since I have a bunch of 1/28 1070-1100 puts.
I've been thinking of doing something like this in my unused cc slots. I keep coming back to "patience" (something I've been sorely lacking recently :|) and plan to wait until after earnings to see where we stand. I've got too much already riding on earnings as it is.

Then again - I could use some judo on the share price and open those calls now, taunting the share price to explode on me. H'mm... I see possibilities here.

EDIT to add: Yay for long edit times. Lets me avoid creating a new post in the thread, though I suspect many will miss as a result. Anyway I decided to act, entering orders for today at $7 for enough cc to let the share price know that I mean business. I don't know if they will hit or not - probably need a move back to $1035 from 1030 to fill.

The 1/28 premiums will be grand but for this 1 week I want to avoid having cc open that I don't need to have open. Should these see a big move upward and need to be rolled, I am entirely fine with that. Even if I end up leaving a bunch of cc money on the table - that just means that my put spread disaster is coming to an end. Now THAT'S a taunt :)

Last edited: