Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opened 10x 1/19/24 -c400s for a $13.20 credit. I feel like we could run up some more next week, but wanted to lock in some profits off of this incredible run.

Closed these out just now for $4.95. At 24 weeks remaining to expiry, I need to average just $0.21/share per week to exceed the premium that remained. I rolled them down and in to 10x 8/11 -c280s at $0.52.

Paid debit of $1883 to recover $14,000 in unrealized capital gains on DITM CC:
  • rolled 4Aug$300 to 15Sep$300 for $5.71 credit
  • rolled same number of 4Aug$215 to 20Oct$235 for $8.40 debit
  • reclassified some 25Aug$300 for potential assignment / sale of shares
Rolled the 25Aug$300 to 11Aug$275 for a small credit. Hope to take these off the board next week, and have the 15Sep$300 assign. Gradually getting out from under all these DITM CC, maybe can get back to earning income in a month or two.

Last edited:
Cleared out all my 260 CCs and started feeling naked so opened some 270 and 275 CC for next week.

I’m tempted to just open ITM CC. I didn’t mind having them too much (as long as they were reasonably near the money) - they were kind of a downside safety blanket for days like today. But they’ll be more profitable if I just sell them ITM in the first place as opposed to selling OTM calls and having them end up ITM.

What I see to my very untrained TA eye is low volume, low RSI (weakness), and a share price that keeps bouncing back from touching the 50 day MA. I don't see holding the 50 day.

My own bias is more down than up, probably for 4-6 weeks, which my 200 strike cc would appreciate :). Down or up, I don't expect anything particularly dramatic in the move (down to 220 or 230?). Somewhere in the 230 range is where I'll do some share buying for sure, and then probably load up at 200.

What I see to my very untrained TA eye is low volume, low RSI (weakness), and a share price that keeps bouncing back from touching the 50 day MA. I don't see holding the 50 day.
Yeah, Dan is also saying that TSLA is right on the 50 day MA. He doesn't know if it holds it or not, but is saying that if it drops below, then more downside likely.

Edit: He is not saying to short it yet. He doesn't anticipate/guess. He is waiting for confirmation, then will short it.

Last edited:
I usually follow The Daily Trader. Somehow I missed his video on Thursday. I wish I had watched it. At the open yesterday with everything going green, I decided to roll up for a debit a couple of Jan 2024 280CC to 350CC in my son's account. I should have sat on my hands and not lost the money.... He is also saying that TSLA is not a buy right now. I might roll down my naked calls for Friday for more premium....

A summary of @dl003 's prediction from a few weeks ago -- looks like we are between 2 and 3:

1) Net long delta to $296, then close positions and observe.

2) If we are rejected at $296, wait for a retest of $230-$217.

3) If $230-$217 holds, then net long delta for another test of the resistance trend line later this year. Know that the subsequent correction will reach the low from the rebound ($217 or whatever it'll be).

4) If $217 doesn't hold, then be defensive until we've bottomed out.

5) If we break $296, then net long delta to $340.

6) At $340, lighten up position and prepare for the pullback to end at $270, then at $270 net long delta to $380.

7) At $380, close all long positions.

Zack is staying at Tesla until the end of the year, do nothing untoward it seems, he's probably just burned out and as rich as he ever needs
The amount of dedication and hard work required at Tesla is about twice the average regular work hours of other companies. At some point they probably have to choose between dedicating their life to Tesla mission or have a balanced life with wife and kids. When you have 100M the latter might become more and more attractive as people who also stopped working here when TSLA 10x-100x in their portfolio probably understand. Let’s thank the guy for giving 13 years of his hard working existence to the TSLA mission and let’s hope they find someone as smart and hard working to replace him at the end of the year.

I guess it was a good moment to buy puts when SP was around 290 but let’s see how much more it moves down with this piece of news.

Zack is staying at Tesla until the end of the year, do nothing untoward it seems, he's probably just burned out and as rich as he ever needs

From the one friend I had in Tesla management, this is common. Burnout is always at start-up levels for this company. My friend left for similar reasons (quality of life).