Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, but I'm not paying $50 for ATM puts, maybe wait until it get shorted to hell, then buy some shitcalls for when WSB pile-in and squeeze it up 🤪
Indeed.. here I brought my map with me.

IMG_1011.jpeg

Really surprising (or not really…) how TSLA opened today and went straight down given all the positive momo and flow Friday into the close. Was that all a head-fake/bull-trap?

🤔
Looks like those calls were bought specifically for the positive news that came out of China yesterday. They don't wanna commit to prices over 242 yet. Back in limbo. I sold some 9/8 280C for 0.4 each.

Last edited:
Entered -220p / -250c strangle for next week.

The open strangle for this week has gone ITM on both sides, with -245p expiring this week and -200c have been pushed to 9/29. I'm keeping a close eye on the time value on each the puts especially, and expecting I'll be rolling. H'mm -- if I roll right now I can get the -240p in 2 weeks and a 1.20 credit.

Although I am biased towards down from here rather than up, there is also ~$2 in time value in those 245p, so I'm going to wait. I'll have a credit roll available whatever happens, but I could easily lose access to the strike improvement.

Entered -220p / -250c strangle for next week.

The open strangle for this week has gone ITM on both sides, with -245p expiring this week and -200c have been pushed to 9/29. I'm keeping a close eye on the time value on each the puts especially, and expecting I'll be rolling. H'mm -- if I roll right now I can get the -240p in 2 weeks and a 1.20 credit.

Although I am biased towards down from here rather than up, there is also ~$2 in time value in those 245p, so I'm going to wait. I'll have a credit roll available whatever happens, but I could easily lose access to the strike improvement.
Is it a good idea to sell uncovered calls on Vinfast? Or it will do like NKLA go from $10 to $70 before collapsing back to $1

• Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
This is what happens when I'm at my computer all day with nothing to do.... Rolled my 10X end of September 205 Puts to Dec 230 for $17 credit. Then flip rolled them to Dec -240C for another $6 and bought 1,000 shares before close at 238.99 for a buy-write. So I "made" $23, but I didn't really want to buy shares at this point because I do think we are headed lower (but I didn't want to risk a gap up tomorrow and having those calls uncovered). From a margin perspective I think I would have been better off just holding the 230 cash secured Puts. :rolleyes:

This is what happens when I'm at my computer all day with nothing to do.... Rolled my 10X end of September 205 Puts to Dec 230 for $17 credit. Then flip rolled them to Dec -240C for another $6 and bought 1,000 shares before close at 238.99 for a buy-write. So I "made" $23, but I didn't really want to buy shares at this point because I do think we are headed lower (but I didn't want to risk a gap up tomorrow and having those calls uncovered). From a margin perspective I think I would have been better off just holding the 230 cash secured Puts. :rolleyes:
Haha I had time between 2 medicolegal expertises today so I sold 25x -p350 Dec25 again when I thought we were the low of the day. I just can’t look at money in my bank account, I have to force myself to buy TSLA again.

My life is way more easier when I’m broke

Looking for a stock replacement strategy. I own about 3K shares of TSLA today but need to sell roughly half to close my margin loan but I’d like to maintain a similar exposure.

I’m very bullish medium and long term but uncomfortable with my current margin loan, particular with the pending resolution of the NHTSA investigation into autopilot. If they take drastic action, the impact on the stock short term could be rather significant which could pose a problem for me.

What are your recommendations on cost effectively replacing about 1.5K shares with options? I’m ok with Leaps as I plan on holding.

Looks like those calls were bought specifically for the positive news that came out of China yesterday. They don't wanna commit to prices over 242 yet. Back in limbo. I sold some 9/8 280C for 0.4 each.

What level does TSLA need to break downward to trigger aggressive LEAP call selling for you?

There’s a battle underway this week between the 250 calls and 230 puts 🤺

Is it a good idea to sell uncovered calls on Vinfast? Or it will do like NKLA go from $10 to $70 before collapsing back to $1
I am more like somebody reminded above: More like Rivian, immediately after options available stock goes 👎 👎👎👎 (already in action, maybe write some DITM calls as well.) Numbers ar a disaster, this can only go down, unless WSB-like-infusions are coming and some YouTubers jump on the bandwagon. Then you roll, because in the end it does not make any sense, mid term. Burning cash on an inferior product with a (who did that before and stepped out of it.....) RENTAL battery and 10Y warranty..