Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like these FSD updates have the potential to be market-moving these days. Keeping an eye on this...
Until they integrate the highway driving into the new model I don't think we have a huge remaining move potential; will that be the 12.4 stack?

I am most curious about how big the addressable market is at ~$6k/$100 per month in the next 3-5 years.

Reactions: Cherry Wine
The Uber driver wasn't prescient on future stock prices?

kirkshock.png

Busy day, small summary...

Assigned 5x NVDA 4/12 -p950 overnight (cost basis around $900 given the premiums and rolls the last three weeks)

STO 5x NVDA 4/19 -c850 @$25.1
BTC 2x NVDA 4/12 -p950 @$79 -> STO 5x 4/19 @$15.1 (still holding 20x July -p600)

BTC 2x SMCI 4/12 -p1000 @$90 (net -$30 based on the roll-chain) -> STO 2x 4/12 -p900 @$15.1

I was looking to free- roll the SMCI down to 4/28 -p950 or 5/3 -p900, but the price never dipped enough, I figured to take the 2DTE premium now, then see where we land Friday

Plan is to roll these down to -p800, then just keep writing there,, as I have June 2026 +p800's, so zero riskL At least avoid getting trapped dITM again

Until they integrate the highway driving into the new model I don't think we have a huge remaining move potential; will that be the 12.4 stack?

I am most curious about how big the addressable market is at ~$6k/$100 per month in the next 3-5 years.

Don't know, but we should know soon. Apparently this is now rolling out to regular customers already. I was concerned FSD deployment would slow after the initial burst of activity; this is encouraging. But, as always, devil is in the details...

Don't know, but we should know soon. Apparently this is now rolling out to regular customers already. I was concerned FSD deployment would slow after the initial burst of activity; this is encouraging. But, as always, devil is in the details...

these dot dot versions don't mean nearly as much as a 12.4 release.

That'll be the release that really shows whether the dramatic rate of progress is continuing or not.

Someone correct me if I am wrong .
Right now TSLA short volume is at approx 107 million and it goes with saying about 1 day of TSLA volume traded .

IIRC , when Elon was selling back in 2021, the volume of shares traded shot up by 30-40 million per day and price down by 5-10% per day while he was selling only 1-2 million max per day .

I believe that 90% of shares traded daily is just algo trading. Even a small buy of 1-2 million shares extra per day will move the price by 5-10$. There is no way 107 million shares can be covered in 1 day , it will take atleast few weeks and a squeeze of 150-200$ to ATH.

What am I missing when everyone says it will just take 1 day to cover all the short interest ?

these dot dot versions don't mean nearly as much as a 12.4 release.

That'll be the release that really shows whether the dramatic rate of progress is continuing or not.
Well, from 12.3.2 to 12.3.3 was the difference between scary novelty and something useful for me. My only disappointment is the old FSD 11 highway stack still being around. I would guess they could train that in a couple weeks though... but I am grossly unqualified to estimate it.

Well, from 12.3.2 to 12.3.3 was the difference between scary novelty and something useful for me. My only disappointment is the old FSD 11 highway stack still being around. I would guess they could train that in a couple weeks though... but I am grossly unqualified to estimate it.
Based on what Elon was saying back when 12.3 first came out and what some of the FSD team members have said on Twitter, it seems the focus right now is actual smart summon, parking, and reverse.

Unfortunately for you, it seems like highway merge is probably one of the last things to get done

How do we sign up? 🤩

Key CPI data was leaked to BlackRock and JP Morgan by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), allowing their traders to make market moving bets - Bloomberg and NYT
  • Records request shows correspondence about inflation details
  • Economist sent emails to select group about rent, used cars
By Molly Smith and Reade Pickert
April 9, 2024 at 6:43 PM UTC

An economist from the Bureau of Labor Statisticscorresponded on data related to a key US inflation gauge with major Wall Street firms like JPMorgan Chase & Co. and BlackRock Inc., raising questions about equitable access to economic information.

The BLS economist answered numerous inquiries about details within the consumer price index in recent months, mostly related to computations in key categories within shelter as well as used cars, according to records requested by Bloomberg.

The back and forth between the financial firms and the economist, who has been with the BLS for many years, was first reported by the New York Times. He sent several emails to a broader group, which he called “my super users” in one of the emails obtained by Bloomberg. The BLS has said it doesn’t maintain a list of “super users.”

In mid-February, one user asked if they could be added to the “super user email list,” to which the BLS economist replied minutes later, “Yes I can add you to the list.”

While the recipients’ names were redacted from the request, email signature details or disclosures from their employers were visible in some of the provided records.

In addition to BlackRock and JPMorgan, other banks, hedge funds and research firms — Brevan Howard, Millennium Capital Partners LLP, Citadel, Moore Capital Management, High Frequency Economics, Nomura Securities International and BNP Paribas — appeared in the exchanges and declined to comment. Pharo Management and Wolfe Research also came up in the emails but didn’t provide comment.

Email ‘Mistake’​

Economists have been clamoring to find out more about these “super users” after the BLS staffer addressed an email to those people in February, suggesting that a change to the weights of underlying data within a key measure of rental inflation was behind its surge in January’s CPI. The BLS told recipients to disregard its contents, and subsequently tried to clear the confusion with a notice on its website. The agency also said that the email was “a mistake.”

The latest revelation is likely to prompt a deeper look at the dissemination of economic information that has implications for how major assets trade as well as Federal Reserve policy. The BLS encourages people to ask questions and makes its staff available to engage with the public, but they strive to create equal access to information for everyone, said Emily Liddel, associate commissioner for publications and special studies at the BLS.

“Obviously this has been an embarrassment for the agency,” Liddel said. “The public puts a lot of trust in us to be fair, and our data providers put a lot of trust in us for the data to be secure. It’s our goal to repair that trust.”

The BLS economist often pointed users to relevant links on the agency’s website. But in at least one case, he shared information that wasn’t publicly available at the time, related to the calculation for the used cars index within the CPI.

Liddel said it is “still under review” whether the employee shared other nonpublic information, and that the issues appear to be isolated to this one staffer. He is not answering incoming user questions at this time, she said.

The BLS economist did not respond to a message seeking comment.

How do we sign up? 🤩

Key CPI data was leaked to BlackRock and JP Morgan by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), allowing their traders to make market moving bets - Bloomberg and NYT
  • Records request shows correspondence about inflation details
  • Economist sent emails to select group about rent, used cars
By Molly Smith and Reade Pickert
April 9, 2024 at 6:43 PM UTC

An economist from the Bureau of Labor Statisticscorresponded on data related to a key US inflation gauge with major Wall Street firms like JPMorgan Chase & Co. and BlackRock Inc., raising questions about equitable access to economic information.

The BLS economist answered numerous inquiries about details within the consumer price index in recent months, mostly related to computations in key categories within shelter as well as used cars, according to records requested by Bloomberg.

The back and forth between the financial firms and the economist, who has been with the BLS for many years, was first reported by the New York Times. He sent several emails to a broader group, which he called “my super users” in one of the emails obtained by Bloomberg. The BLS has said it doesn’t maintain a list of “super users.”

In mid-February, one user asked if they could be added to the “super user email list,” to which the BLS economist replied minutes later, “Yes I can add you to the list.”

While the recipients’ names were redacted from the request, email signature details or disclosures from their employers were visible in some of the provided records.

In addition to BlackRock and JPMorgan, other banks, hedge funds and research firms — Brevan Howard, Millennium Capital Partners LLP, Citadel, Moore Capital Management, High Frequency Economics, Nomura Securities International and BNP Paribas — appeared in the exchanges and declined to comment. Pharo Management and Wolfe Research also came up in the emails but didn’t provide comment.

Email ‘Mistake’​

Economists have been clamoring to find out more about these “super users” after the BLS staffer addressed an email to those people in February, suggesting that a change to the weights of underlying data within a key measure of rental inflation was behind its surge in January’s CPI. The BLS told recipients to disregard its contents, and subsequently tried to clear the confusion with a notice on its website. The agency also said that the email was “a mistake.”

The latest revelation is likely to prompt a deeper look at the dissemination of economic information that has implications for how major assets trade as well as Federal Reserve policy. The BLS encourages people to ask questions and makes its staff available to engage with the public, but they strive to create equal access to information for everyone, said Emily Liddel, associate commissioner for publications and special studies at the BLS.

“Obviously this has been an embarrassment for the agency,” Liddel said. “The public puts a lot of trust in us to be fair, and our data providers put a lot of trust in us for the data to be secure. It’s our goal to repair that trust.”

The BLS economist often pointed users to relevant links on the agency’s website. But in at least one case, he shared information that wasn’t publicly available at the time, related to the calculation for the used cars index within the CPI.

Liddel said it is “still under review” whether the employee shared other nonpublic information, and that the issues appear to be isolated to this one staffer. He is not answering incoming user questions at this time, she said.

The BLS economist did not respond to a message seeking comment.
Wait. There are dishonest rich people in finance/Wallstreet? Some people get information before everyone else?!?

I'm shocked! SHOCKED I tell you!

Whoops 5x NVDA 4/12 -p950 assigned overnight...

Actually, assuming NVDA doesn't dump further, that's quite OK, I no longer need to take a decision...

Plan to BTC the remaining 2x -p950 and write 5x 4/19 -850 straddles
Hello, I just found this thread and have been reading with great interest. But I am confused about one thing. What does it mean when you have a “-“ sign before an option, i.e., -p950 and -850 straddles? Does that mean these positions are losing money?