Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rolled remaining 16Aug$180 CC to 15Nov$205 by closing at yesterday’s low and opening today with limit orders for a nice credit. Not selling buy-writes yet in a smaller account (basis $184), might sell the shares Thursday anticipating a short-term dip over the next week or so. Plan is to roll the Nov up and down with $10 SP moves to maintain the position at 4-6 mo. 20% OTM for the rest of the year.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the shareholder meetings in the recent past have had a SP spike after. This year could be different because we don't know how much the Delaware ruling has been suppressing the stock. I haven't sold any CCs for this week, and I'm really fighting the urge to do so. I got burned with the ER, and I don't want to get burned again.

Last edited:
Most Turo hosts add the Supercharging costs on to the rental bill. (In fact, I think Turo can be linked to your Tesla account to do it automatically.) They, also, put a per day mileage limit on with per mile charge for miles over that.

Essentially, they probably shopped listings, and took advantage of your under-priced offer.
Exactly

I changed my listing for the time I will start renting back when I will be road tripping to Yellowstone State Park in Montana in July with the 7 seater Model Y with the family.

Yesterday I felt I was a chicken to roll my 170 CCs to 180. Now it seem I should have rolled even higher

Ark invest. $2600 expected value for 2029
Just read through it. Very little info.

My personal takeaways:
- if autonomy is not reached, the price target is $350
- bear, base and bull case are all including autonomy in the forecast
- ARK expects first commercial robotaxi in 2025 or 2026 (96% probability). 4% probability of 2027 or later.

In other words: if that doesn't happen the entire price target is worthless.

I'd reverse those odds: 4% chance in 2024-2025. 90% chance in 2026-2027-2028-2029. 6% chance never or after that.

But hey, what do I know.

Wow, TSLA pumping and holding. Is ARK causing the rally with their projection. Seem out of whack if so. Must be something else.
Idk.....probably because the stock has been intentionally capped on a daily/weekly/monthly basis as the macro's pushed higher because of a little event that happens in 1 day????

I'm honestly shocked there weren't many more hit pieces that came out over the past 2-3 weeks leading into tomorrow. The best they got was misleading piece about a shipment of H100's that they had been sitting on for literally months now...waiting to release the article. Idk...that feels more like desperation 🤷‍♂️

ARKK cant do crap.
160s was the target and Im sure they would have taken it down to 163 if SPY didnt go 544 today. Its a macro squeeze.
There SHOULD be some positive to thinking that we could get 2.2 cuts in rates this year.. that would result in 50-75 bps to the bottom line for financing..

As much as EM harps on rates having been killer, there is really only about 300-350 bps (other than VERY low credit) that has made its way into vehicle financing. It’s not a straight line of 500-525 bps.

So, 50-75 bps easing overall would be ~ 15% reduction in financing costs for buyer, or less pain for financier.

We’ve also seem some $$ coming out of NVDA (which has been the new big dog in derivatives) and AAPL today now that we’re ATH again. So money chaises opportunity, and something trailing along the bottom is probably seen as more oppty than just putting more $$ into AAPL, NVDA. Being long all other tech, I’ll take it, but it’s a big -cc day for me today.

I bought back 50 of my 140 puts for 6/21 to cover most of the original cost and have now sold 25 197 and 5 200 calls for this week. I'll be out the next two weeks. Assuming we stay around here, I'll sell July 19 210 calls are over $3.00. Lets see of @dl003 has this right. Likely some fad to premiums after the investor call, so July CC's may not pay as much on Friday.

Reactions: MikeC and tivoboy
I could be wrong, but I don't believe the shareholder meetings in the recent past have had a SP spike after. This year could be different because we don't know how much the Delaware ruling has been suppressing the stock. I haven't sold any CCs for this week, and I'm really fighting the urge to do so. I got burned with the ER, and I don't want to get burned again.
Except that the shareholder meeting has zero impact on the Delaware ruling...

Not sure about immediate pop, but 2023 the stock rallied +100% after the shareholder meeting, all down to Musk "being chill and positive"

For my part, STO 100x -c182.50@$2.7