Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode to the rescue!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree it sucks, I can’t believe some of the language here ...

Idiot ...
Arrest(!!??) ...
Hit and run ...

Seriously? She opened the door too wide. It dinged the paint. Yeah, it sucks. Stuff happens. Insurance covers it. You have footage proving you didn’t do it - even better.

But calling for the woman to be arrested? Really, folks? That’s insanity. She’s not a criminal mastermind, just someone who opened a door too fast.

Unreal.

OP - glad it’s been fixed to your satisfaction. Let the insurance companies kick each other over it. You’ve done all you can do over a trivial matter.

@Kain can you just edit your first post with additional updates so I (and maybe others) don't have to scroll through 8+ pages of people arguing about morality and legality? No offense to those who enjoy those conversations. I'm just more interested in the outcome of OP's journey than the other stuff. TIA!

@Kain can you just edit your first post with additional updates so I (and maybe others) don't have to scroll through 8+ pages of people arguing about morality and legality? No offense to those who enjoy those conversations. I'm just more interested in the outcome of OP's journey than the other stuff. TIA!
TIA? Are you suggesting that a transient ischemic attack was somehow involved? :)

Not long ago I was side swiped and the driver drove off. However, a bystander got a picture of
the license plate and gave it to me. I handed it to the insurance company. Then had my car fixed and paid the $500 deductible. Later I received a check in the mail from the insurance company which had contacted the man and his insurance company and received money for the whole claim and
returned my deductible!
Police wanted nothing to do with it.
Good advice from others to let the insurance companies handle it.