Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SentryView app was just released!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I checked on line, that is the US site so the cost is in US$ plus they charge for shipping to Canada. For us Canadians, the cost on Amazon.ca for with free shipping in Canadian dollars (and it arrived in less than 24 hours) is not much more taking into account exchange rates, shipping etc.

Please don't buy the $50 64G one on Amazon - you are getting ripped off. You can buy the same drive from Sandisk for $25. You can probably get by with the 16G but the 128 or larger is overkill.
If you just go to Sandisk Connect you'll only see the 16, 128 and 256G models. But if you click on the magnifying glass and search for Connect 64GB you'll find a bulk package one for $25 - just won't be in a pretty package.
SanDisk Online Store - SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick - 64GB (Bulk Packaged)

Great info wish I knew about the “bulk” packaging...

ED7DC758-659D-401A-8039-E07A28FB4ED6.jpeg
96C0C050-0F29-46A5-80E4-6A3194EA28AE.jpeg
99F24CEE-A5AB-43B3-9369-39646B85BBAE.jpeg
194F4A40-AFF3-47C7-AAAF-776F9FDF723F.jpeg
View attachment 415456 View attachment 415457 View attachment 415458

This is a great idea and major props to the developer for creating this

However I'm holding out in the hopes Tesla themselves make this functionality available

It’s so handy looking at the video at anytime. I parked at the mall way WAY in the back away from everyone and when I got back to the car there was a sentry mode trigger. Lucky it was just some dude drove over got out of his car and was just looking at my model 3.

[QUOTE="FloridaGary, post: 3717990, member: 39701"
Unfortunately, the SanDisk required is $50. This makes it a no-go for me.
Ok, this is a really stupid question I guess, but I am a bit confused. Are you saying that after you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car, that $50 is something you won't consider? Perhaps I am missing something. :)[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I just spent money on a replacement USB drive for my car last month and this app still requires you to remove it for deletion, so I'll wait until we have other choices for viewing/deleting video clips. I forgot to mention that the USB drive I purchased also allows me to view the video clips on my phone. The only exception is that I can't view all 3 cameras at the same time, but I can delete the video clips using my iPhone.

Last edited:
Ok, this is a really stupid question I guess, but I am a bit confused. Are you saying that after you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car, that $50 is something you won't consider? Perhaps I am missing something. :)

Not at all. I just spent money on a replacement USB drive for my car last month and this app still requires you to remove it for deletion, so I'll wait until we have other choices for viewing/deleting video clips. I forgot to mention that the USB drive I purchased also allows me to view the video clips on my phone. The only exception is that I can't view all 3 cameras at the same time, but I can delete the video clips using my iPhone.[/QUOTE]

You can delete videos with the app

Would you all agree that these are temporary solutions until Tesla provides a means of viewing these on the screen in the car? My frustration is having ti watch video of each camera to determine which one tripped the sensor. It seems that when an event is created it includes a minimum of 3 videos each. It can be time consuming, especially when most of these events are just someone walking by the car. The worst thing I’ve had happen is someone throwing their drink at my driver side window.

Reactions: C141medic
does the iphone app play all three videos together (ie next to eachother) or do you still have to click on each individual video separately to view it.
I haven’t tried it yet but will do so today. Just tried it One clip at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know the write speed of the sd card that comes with it, I am reading that alot of us having issues with the right_repeater not recording video while parked might be fixed with getting a usb drive with faster write speed. (Don’t get it confused with read speed). Also fix might be with future software update too.

I am currently using the sandisk iXand flashdrive, I dont know what the write speed is on it.