Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SentryView app was just released!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone care to watch videos if there is no visible damage to the car? (assuming 99.99% of sentry events are just people walking/cars driving by)

no, but the onetime there is actually damage I want to make sure I am capturing video from all 3 repeaters (front, left, right). What SSDs or flashdrives that people are using where all repeaters are capturing video while parked. Right now mine is not capturing the right repeater while parked and I am using a Sandisk iXpand flashdrive. I do like this flash drive because I can plug it right into my iPhone and watch video when need be.

Would you all agree that these are temporary solutions until Tesla provides a means of viewing these on the screen in the car? My frustration is having ti watch video of each camera to determine which one tripped the sensor. It seems that when an event is created it includes a minimum of 3 videos each. It can be time consuming, especially when most of these events are just someone walking by the car. The worst thing I’ve had happen is someone throwing their drink at my driver side window.

That's why I use SentryKeeper on my laptop. It allows you to view all 3 cameras at the same time and also increase the speed of viewing up to 8X.

does anyone know the write speed of the sd card that comes with it, I am reading that alot of us having issues with the right_repeater not recording video while parked might be fixed with getting a usb drive with faster write speed. (Don’t get it confused with read speed). Also fix might be with future software update too.

I am currently using the sandisk iXand flashdrive, I dont know what the write speed is on it.

I am using the Samsung Pro Endurance 64GB Micro SD card typically used for video cameras. It minimized the problem I was having with video clips not having any video data.

I am using the Samsung Pro Endurance 64GB Micro SD card typically used for video cameras. It minimized the problem I was having with video clips not having any video data.
Thanks I just ordered this specific sd card to along with an iPhone USB adapter to try.

Are you using a specific iPhone usb sd card adapter so you can view the videos real time on the iPhone. I am trying to find a fast one so I don’t get the no video recording issue.

Last edited:
I’m very happy with this 128g solution ~$40
View Tesla Sentry Mode & TeslaCam Video on your iPhone
FYI,
This isn’t 100% plug & Play.
It comes formatted formatted as exFAT.
You need to reformat the card as FAT32.
It can be done on a PC or a Mac (using disk utility)

FAT32 may be shown as “MSDOS (FAT)” in the drop-down list of formats on the Mac disk utility application when you choose a the erase option.
If you need help with this just search for “formatting FAT32 on a Mac” in Google.

It doesn’t seem to matter what you name the drive.
I have a pair that I swap for each car.
I named mine “ModelScam1”, “ModelSCam2” & “Model3cam1”, “Model3cam2”
Then make sure there is a folder named “TeslaCam” on the drive.

Also...I didn’t mention this in the video. When deleting files from flash drives on my Mac I always had to empty the trash to complete the deletions. When using the iPhone app “iPlugmate” Deletion is instantaneous - there is no trash to empty. Obviously this eliminates the ability to in-delete things. But it also makes it great because you can actually make room on the card with your mobile device.

Does anyone care to watch videos if there is no visible damage to the car? (assuming 99.99% of sentry events are just people walking/cars driving by)

I watch for the hot chicks walkin by

I actually watch the videos just to see what actually happens around my vehicle when I'm not around.
Spoiler: No hot chicks walkin around my car since I park at the very back of most parking lots :confused:

Can anyone confirm if the SentryView app ($6.99) lets you see all three (Left, Center, Right) side by side? It looks like it can in the preview.
Yes, when playing a video, you have no choice.. it will take all 3 videos and play them at the same time. I kinda love it actually because now my blondness doesn't have to guess the matching video etc. Use your IPAD, its extra nice.

4A06E87F-B6CF-46EC-B5CF-B0F097072FBE.jpeg
Thanks I just ordered this specific sd card to along with an iPhone USB adapter to try.

Are you using a specific iPhone usb sd card adapter so you can view the videos real time on the iPhone. I am trying to find a fast one so I don’t get the no video recording issue.

Yes. I am using this

Reactions: BobAbooey
Please don't buy the $50 64G one on Amazon - you are getting ripped off. You can buy the same drive from Sandisk for $25. You can probably get by with the 16G but the 128 or larger is overkill.
If you just go to Sandisk Connect you'll only see the 16, 128 and 256G models. But if you click on the magnifying glass and search for Connect 64GB you'll find a bulk package one for $25 - just won't be in a pretty package.
SanDisk Online Store - SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick - 64GB (Bulk Packaged)
Will dual partition work with the wifi?

Im currently using TeslaCam / Sentry Viewer for android but I have to plug the stick in. Does this app have a way to format the card over wifi when it gets corrupted or can you at least mass delete?

I have the app and the sandisk.
After some testing I deleted some files with the SentryView app from the usb. After that the disk was protected. Format and delete files from the stick is no longer possible.
Tested different apps for recovery/ formatting the stick without success. osx and windows. Also used diskpart.

Steps:
Created folder TeslaCam on the Sandisk.
Copied some data from another stick to sandisk.
Started the sandisk in WiFi mode
iPhone connected to the sandisk
SentryView started
View was perfect.
Deleted some old files using SentryView.

Next step was format the stick FAT32.
This is not possible.
Think the stick is corrupted.
Will return this one. Hope is a hardware failure.

Any tip for recovery is welcome.

What's your review on this?
Thanks
I love it. Best case scenario would be to be able to view the videos from outside the car (without taking the stick out) or from inside the car on the big screen but other than that, the combination of the app and the wifi USB stick works great.
Yes, there are some slight buffering issues when viewing the files but I find that dragging the slider back and restarting the video after the first 10 or 15 seconds works well.
All in all, if you are looking for an easy and efficient way to view the videos, the app and the stick are a great combination.