Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service on MY gave me a M3. It’s been 14 days..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been 14 days

I hate the M3.

- it’s stuck on chill mode

- I can’t remotely warm it

- I hate how low it is

- getting out is uncomfortable

I cannot wait to get my Y back!!

To echo above, you don't seem to hate the M3 but smaller sedans. It sounds like you are lucky to even get a loaner; given some of the anecdotes on this forum, they are few and far between lately.

What is the issue with your MY?

Off topic. I was given the choice of getting a rental from Enterprise but was told that I had to pay for it first and get reimbursed later. Just curious how was the reimburse process? It was at Las Vegas. Thanks.

My M3 was swiped while parked and is going into the Rockville, MD Tesla body shop early next year. My insurer told me that they'll cover an Enterprise rental. I asked what they might cover if Tesla offered/charged for a loaner. My insurer said $30/day; I'm assuming that's the deal Enterprise has with companies.

I have both, and I prefer driving the 3. But then again, I am not so old, fat and out of shape that it makes it hard to get in and out of the 3, but the Y sure makes it easier for my elderly parents, so I know what you mean.

I know what you mean, and I tend to prefer car seating. I was shocked at how good of a compromise the Y is, though. It is more comfortable to me than the 3 without getting that overly tall feeling that I get in a lot of compact SUVs.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Reborn and brkaus
on a separate note, my S is in the SC as well. Was given a model S loaner this morning. (thankful and appreciative). But the loaner? Is a P85D with the Ludicrous + mode.

But of course the car is locked in chill mode

TORTURE

They just charged their Tesla corporate account. No money out of my pocket. They just needed my credit card for a deposit.
Thanks. In Aug when I ask about rental car the service agent told me Tesla does not offer rental car; only Uber credit. I didn't like the option so I changed the appt a month later hoping that a loaner be available.

On that appt I was told a loaner was not available but said I could get a rental car and submit the receipt for reimbursement. I didn't like that option either so I changed the appt again.

From what you are saying they are slowly moving to the right direct and that's good news.

I test drove a M3 at the dealer and borrowed my friend’s with FSD. Liked the car but threw out my back the third time getting out. Also had to open the door all the way and fold myself in half to get in.

The day that Burlingame CA got a MY demo was the day I test drove it — night and day in terms of getting in and out. An order soon followed — and I am living happily ever after.

I just had a lumbar laminectomy, have had back problems for decades. My previous car was as low as a 3, that’s why I waited for a Y and now am extra glad I did.

Edit: can the SC change the app climate settings for you? Maybe they aren’t allowed to enable sport mode on loaners, might increase the accident rate.