TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sheetz tesla charging stations

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by medphys, Nov 1, 2017.

1. medphys

medphys Member

Hi all Just heard that Tesla was installing Supercharging stations at Sheetz stores. Does anyone know the locations of the Sheetz stores where they are located?

Thanks

2. fbitz777

fbitz777 Member

There is one in Hermitage PA and one in Franklin Park, PA all installed recently. There are way many more for sure hs they are making a big push. I heard that Sheetz pays Tesla $1 for each Tesla that charges there.

3. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

And is what you heard something definitive, or is it someone who heard what is brother thought his ex-wife's younger son's classmate thought she overheard someone in the mall interpret an internet chat board musing?

Asking for a friend.

• Funny x 5
  4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Breezewood, PA
    Carlise, PA

5. Speedr117

Speedr117 Member

Shows what someone who doesn't live up north thinks...I thought this was going to be a negative post with Sheetz slang for sh*t.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Or that the OP was quoting Bjorn. :D

• Funny x 4
  7. BLKTSLA

BLKTSLA Member

I visited the one in Breezewood, PA...check it out.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  8. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

La Vale, MD
    Martinsburg, WV
    Morgantown, WV
    Weston, WV

Under construction:
    Beckly, WV
    Mt. Jackson, VA

9. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Falls Creek, PA

• Like x 1
  10. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Breezewood is BIG TIME.

11. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Harrisburg PA. last week. If Sheetz pays $1 each Tesla then they lost a buck. I went to the Starbucks :)

12. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#12 SMAlset, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    I am thinking you mean a Tesla HPWC or one of the newer destination chargers and not Supercharger, right? Big difference in power and charging times. ** In any event nice to know about Sheetz. Have relatives in Ohio and Pennsylvania and when checking for charging in their area didn't see much even in the way of J1772s near some of them, so this would be a great if visiting them.

Wonder if they will also add it to their individual store's location info on services they offer. I see most of the ones I clicked on have "gas" listed. Be nice if they also listed "Tesla charger" and the charging rate available.

** OMG just watched BLKTSLA's video (thank you for that!) and saw these are indeed Tesla Superchargers! That is really great news. Not seeing this kind of corporate partnering of Superchargers out on the west coast in my area, just destination charging with HPWC. Cool.

13. PJFW8

PJFW8 Red Menace may hurt me

I recall it was a supercharger. I'll look for the earlier thread.

14. PJFW8

PJFW8 Red Menace may hurt me

Sorry I'm too dumb to link this, but this is it:
    #13 - jjh1234
    Here is one article: Sheetz Gas Stations Might Get Tesla Superchargers — EV Charging Station Locations There is a new supercharger being installed at the Sheetz in Breezewood, PA right now. I hope it actually happens elsewhere ...

15. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#15 SMAlset, Nov 2, 2017
    Thanks, PJFW8. While you were typing apparently I watched BLKTSLA's video and saw them and went back and edited my post.

BTW this is what I was referring to when I wondered if they would add Tesla Supercharger to their location info area. This is what is showing for Breezewood, PA and no mention. I'm assuming Tesla's own charging maps will be marked but nice if people could have that info on Sheetz' website as well as they installed them and went operational. They list "EV Charger" but that generally doesn't mean Tesla Supercharger.

IMG_4911.JPG

I'm just blown away by this SC news.

16. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Greensboro, North Carolina is a multi-stall Supercharger location being built on a Sheetz premises

• Like x 1
  17. MocosMan

MocosMan Member

Cambridge, OH

Sheetz 2101 Southgate Parkway Cambridge, OH 43725-3080

Charging
    8 superchargers, available 24/7, up to 120kW

18. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#18 SMAlset, Nov 2, 2017
    Since these are Superchargers, and maybe more corporate partnerships of SC coming, shouldn't this thread be moved to the TMC Community - North America Supercharger threads somehow. Maybe Midwest/Great Lakes and MidAtlantic sections. Not sure where else Sheetz locations are but maybe other regional sections should get threads?? Can see tracking this and other partnership SCs getting more complicated on the forum which are listed by city/state.

Or maybe threads created under the regional areas and a link or suggestion to that forum area added to this thread.

19. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

It's kind of old news. There are multiple Superchargers at Sheetz gas stations. They have really helped fill in holes in West Virginia and neighboring states.

• Like x 1
  20. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

For anyone not living in this area and driving across country, probably not something that a lot of people are aware of.