Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ship with 1000 Models 3's are on route...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve no vin allocated yet, but had 3 missed calls (I’m on holiday) and I was wondering if it was Tesla.

@neilrlsmith Do you know the number that called you? This was the one I’d missed calls from. It could be me just wishful thinking but I don’t usually get calls from these kind of numbers.
‭+44 1233 004350‬

It doesn’t work when I try to call it back.

Last edited:
The logistics of shifting 150 cars followed by 2000 and then another 2000 cars from Zeebrugge (via factory in Tilburg?)

Model 3s don't go to Tilburg - that's only Model S & X which are shipped as "parts" and assembled in Tilburg for tax reasons.

It looks like RHDs will go into Zeebrugge initially. At least in part because they have facilities to mass-charge them after their 20-day voyage + time sat at docks before loading (ICO Zeebrugge, Belgium had to install 300 superchargers as part of the weekly 3000 cars Tesla contract. Charging to 80% at arrival. : teslamotors). After that we're not sure how they'll get to the UK, but there are plenty of smaller RoRo carriers that travel between Zeebrugge and the UK (for example SEA CRUISER 1 - Vehicles Carrier (IMO: 8817100, MMSI: 354086000) | MyShipTracking), so it's probable that they'll come into the UK via boat before being transported to distribution centres by car carrier.

The main uncertainties in this theory are whether they'd all come into one, or whether they'd send some to a northern port and some to a southern port, and which port(s) exactly they'd use.

First there was range anxiety, now there is order status anxiety. I only ordered last week so have a long way to go for trade in (which as expected was rock bottom) and finance sign off. I went to the showroom today but the guys in there were clueless as they don't hear anything about orders. They just said I would be getting a call from someone soon.
I'm expecting a mid august delivery but I have enough stuff to sort out before then so fingers crossed it'll go quick...

I'm just anxious as I'm going to end up having to put my Audi through another service, and probably another set of front-tyres. If I knew a date I would either be comfortable swallowing those costs, or could manage my car use to avoid them. Without a date though - it's difficult...

facilities to mass-charge them after their 20-day voyage

Looks pretty cool :)

y92jqz42hrf21.png

People on here have ordered more recently and have a final bill.

The only one I have seen is @LEE3 are there others ?

Supposedly there are a couple of hundred due for delivery end June, they will all be the experimental ones for Service Centres to discover how to do anything ... and then a big batch mid July, that seems to me to be a better batch to be in :) - but for you to be in the mid-July batch I think you should have already had a call asking if you are holiday then :) and should have a VIN (currently only found in Source Code for the page)

Blooming tow bar requirement :-(

I got a quote for trade in (poor) but won't be taking it up. My 'my tesla:' page under the 'what to bring with me' section still lists my title for my trade in as a requirement tho. Think this will have me treated as a complex customer, or is it just boiler plate text? I will be buying cash.

I got a quote for trade in (poor) but won't be taking it up. My 'my tesla:' page under the 'what to bring with me' section still lists my title for my trade in as a requirement tho. Think this will have me treated as a complex customer, or is it just boiler plate text? I will be buying cash.

I know it's not easy to get through right now but they can sort that with one phone call. I initially chose 'part-ex' then changed my mind but the UI offered no way to change it back so I called them and they sorted it in seconds.

I'm just anxious as I'm going to end up having to put my Audi through another service, and probably another set of front-tyres. If I knew a date I would either be comfortable swallowing those costs, or could manage my car use to avoid them. Without a date though - it's difficult...

I feel the anxiety. I ordered my M3 and then started working out the value of my current car, also an Audi. Only then did I remember that I still have a fully paid up service plan that still has 1 service left on it and I’d changed all 4 tyres only a couple of months ago :rolleyes: At the time I hadn’t really considered moving to electric quite as quickly, but I’ve had a bout of eco consciousness so have accelerated the shift. It’s one of the reasons I will likely go for private sale of the Audi not trade in as I can derive some value from those items (the service plan is transferable, unfortunately not refundable). Still as I only just ordered the Tesla I think I’ll have the Audi for a while yet.

Reactions: ediflyer
No. It's all a bit bollocks really. So many variables. People on here have ordered more recently and have a final bill. I was near the front of the queue and don't have that. So who knows!!!

TBH the whole Tesla system is a bit bollocks! I know this is supposed to be the better and “futuristic” way of buying a car, but I’ve found their communication non-existent. I tried to ring them last week to discuss my order, was on music hold for about an hour, then got cut off. I’ve emailed them twice, but so far had no reply. Like many of you I’m in the position where I need to sell my current car to fund the new one. The Tesla part/ex was rubbish, £2k less than WBAC. So at the moment I’m planning on selling privately, but don’t know when to start the process so I’m not without a car for months...

The staff are all very nice, but they seem to be told nothing, so can’t help. I told Digbeth yesterday that if I buy an item from Amazon for ten quid, I get better customer service than I’m getting from Tesla when I’m buying a £50k car! Amazon can process tens of thousands of items every day, and their systems can keep track of every one of them. Tesla is supposedly a technology company, but their systems can’t keep track of a few thousand cars they’ve built in their own factory!

Grr - rant over :)

Reactions: ediflyer
Grr - rant over

I agree with your sentiment

I know this is supposed to be the better and “futuristic” way of buying a car, but I’ve found their communication non-existent.

I think this is just plain and simple a side effect of growth (and Tesla management's failure to manage it ... perhaps coupled with lack of funds).

If Tesla did a 100% job with their back office software all this would be a non-issue, but the number of things where the solution is "Phone them up, they are really helpful" whilst true means that their support staff are completely hammered. THAT must be costing them a fortune, which would be permanently saved if they had good software.

Why can't you change "Trade in" to "No trade in" online? Its exactly that sort of pathetic software construction that causes such huge cost/inefficiency.

Every time Management (Elon??) has a change-of-direction on price/features/whatever the Website is often out of step, which means that they don;t have software built to be able to accommodate their style of doing business; my guess is that, as a consequence, they ahve an army of people "fixing that sort of stuff", rather than their systems allow such changes to be made "trivially". The Sales Staff are the last to know, which is also frustrating, but if 99.9% of the Punters communicated successfully through the My Tesla page that wouldn't matter.

Tesla Infotainment improvements/bugs is a similar story, but they do get fixed.

(My day job is providing solutions for exactly this sort of problem)

I’ve emailed them twice, but so far had no reply

I have emailed the Referrals department a number of time (to try to find out WHEN my prize is coming ...). They ALWAYS reply ... after SIX weeks (on the latest question that has become SEVEN). Crazy.

Reactions: Roy W.
Why can't you change "Trade in" to "No trade in" online?

It’s funny you should pick this out, because that’s one of the things that *did* work for me. I asked for a trade in valuation, it came after 48 hours, was rubbish, but I was then able to select “no vehicle to trade in”. It was a few weeks ago now so I can’t quite remember exactly how I did it! (Senior Moment). I’m currently stuck on “we are preparing your contract...”

“Crazy” is a good summary :)

• Informative
Reactions: WannabeOwner
Blooming tow bar requirement :-(

Just called them - I was down as no trade in so I think this is just boiler plate text, not custom to your situation. Guy also said 'plan for September, be pleasantly surprised if before' and that I was due a call in the next couple of weeks if I hadn't called in. Also, August may have a slight hiccup due to plate changes.