Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will gap up again to open so you won't see $97 until it settles down after an hour or two (if it does settle down) so set your limit order before the open but be there to raise it if you can or want to. That's what I'll be doing too! Missed it by less than $1 last week down in the 80s. Those were the days, huh? :rolleyes: We'll know soon enough. ML

Don't forget that tomorrow is Tuesday and the stock has pretty regularly closed lower than it did on the previous Monday. The factors affecting the price may have changed and the short activity may have dissipated, plus the anticipation of the latest announcement may affect the Tuesday trend, but it should not be overlooked. The fact that markets are closed today probably isn't that much of a factor, but you never know.

I missed buying additional shares by a few cents when it was still under $40. Many moves higher, I placed an order for $85.50 last Wednesday and the stock opened lower on Thursday so my order filled at $85 even. I was a happy camper by the end of the day. My experience is that it doesn't pay to try to get the low but it does pay to place a limit order.

Historic moment. Today May 28th 2013 at 4:16 AM ET someone just purchased TSLA at $100. In pre-market, and only 285 shares, but none the less!

premarket.PNG
3etusygy.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously glad that we broke a 100, but I'm a bit sad that it happened during a gap-up.

I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to staring at the ticker until it breaks through 100! First the 'Ask'... then the 'Last', and then finally the 'Bid'.

Maybe it was just me.

It was just me, wasn't it...

But actually I know that we don't need to be nervous, because somehow I just know that the shareprice of TSLA will rise steadily (with many ups and downs in 2013) to at least $100 on the first trading day in 2014. Any thoughts on this prediction?

Wow, I am amazed that it all went so fast. My prediction was way too conservative (timing wise). After just more than 3 weeks the share price is already above the $100 mark. That's almost as fast as a Falcon 9 space rocket.

What will happen after the Supercharger announcement of this week? I know this; fasten your seatbelts, because the world is going to be surprised.

Wow, I am amazed that it all went so fast. My prediction was way too conservative (timing wise). After just more than 3 weeks the share price is already above the $100 mark. That's almost as fast as a Falcon 9 space rocket.

What will happen after the Supercharger announcement of this week? I know this; fasten your seatbelts, because the world is going to be surprised.

Seriously, TSLA has been insane for a couple months now. I remember buying Jan 14 45 C's expecting there was a chance they'd be in-the-money by November or something. Obviously, those have been sold and rerolled numerous times over.

I'm really banking on the Super Charger announcement this week. I bought some weekly options for this week that were way out of the money and thus super cheap last week. Could have sold them for a tidy profit this morning but I'm holding out. Tough to balance with the time expiration being this week. Also, I'm banking on it being bigger than we thought. We'll see.

I'm having a hard time regretting selling 1/2 my shares at $85 given what it did for my personal level of financial risk, but....daaammnnn. I guess that's why I have the other 1/2 of my shares :). Just for my personal amusement, I figured if TSLA hits $400 I can retire about 5 years early.

I'm having a hard time regretting selling 1/2 my shares at $85 given what it did for my personal level of financial risk, but....daaammnnn. I guess that's why I have the other 1/2 of my shares :). Just for my personal amusement, I figured if TSLA hits $400 I can retire about 5 years early.

You are a lucky guy, but I think you still do not seem to realise how lucky you actually are.
How many years early can you retire if TSLA hits $1,000 before 2025?
I even dare to say that I still am being too conservative, as it could even be much more by 2025 ($2,000?).

Status
Not open for further replies.