Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again Elon has over delivered. This time he has outsourced part 6 of 3 part trilogy to cheap (free) German labor.

Naysayers: "Big boys will eat Tesla's lunch the minute they choose to enter EV market"

Elon: "Cue BMW demo"

I have decided to sell off a little bit today, because tomorrow is a tuesday and I can buy tomorrow for cheaper
smile.gif
haha But I actually will....

The way this stock has been going today (and ended positive last tuesday) who knows, it might not go down. The Fed might have something to say about that though.

I know what you mean...I have the 140s. I wasn't expecting to see ~$135 until just before the 7th. Need to decide what to do now. There is still a lot of time between now and then.

I have Aug $150s. I set a sale Price limit of $5 for today, just in case things get nutty. But at this pace, in reality, it looks like its going to hit that mark if we break through $135

Last edited:
I know what you mean...I have the 140s. I wasn't expecting to see ~$135 until just before the 7th. Need to decide what to do now. There is still a lot of time between now and then.

I'm in Europe and have all types of obligations and no smart phone with me. Sneaking in some time at the hotel. I just had to sell those calls. I bought them last week at 120 - called the low. Calling a high for now. I'm holding stock though so go go go!! Will buy options again at the right time before earnings for sure.

Anyone want to guess TSLA's top today? :wink:

Not playing that game, but I did just sell thinking we have a chance to see something lower soon. But, it's just been a real beauty. I'm not going to sell covered calls or buy PUTS right now, but it has rallied about $15 in a week - wouldn't be surprised to see some profit taking out there...

EDIT:

I should say, sold the option contracts I bought last week. Still holding onto the stock.

My Limit hit $5 for my $150 Aug options

Congrats on the profits!

Tuesday's always seem like problem days for this stock so maybe there will be another opportunity to buy?

If we get a hefty pop in pre-markets tomorrow I'm going to keep a close eye out as it seems like the last few large crashes happened after a rally and then a big pre-market rally and then a big selloff...

However, I predict the next time that happens TSLA will be closer to 150...

Obviously I have no idea bout anything!!! :)

I'm in Europe and have all types of obligations and no smart phone with me. Sneaking in some time at the hotel. I just had to sell those calls. I bought them last week at 120 - called the low. Calling a high for now. I'm holding stock though so go go go!! Will buy options again at the right time before earnings for sure.

I just sold my calls when the stock was a bit above $135. I'm hoping for an opportunity to buy them back cheaper in a few days, but if not I'll be happen enough with the common shares I own. Too much of a profit too quickly to keep it at risk.

I would actually be a bit concerned about KNDI. There has been a concerted effort by its stock promoters to link its fortunes with TSLA, but in reality there is no such link.

It goes without saying that KNDI fundamentals are not the justification for investment. The trouble is that KNDI story does not look solid to me on its own merits either.
The technology is absolutely generic (zero moat) and the guidance is all over the place with respect to actuals. As far as I can tell KNDI is a concentrator of risk amongst an otherwise favorable trend and if I had profits in it I would be highly tempted to take them.

It may be that all of the above is swept aside by a general upward trend in Chinese EV demand, but there is no identifiable trend within KNDI itself to merit this stock as an investment vehicle to address that trend. For a trend investment I would look a bit higher up the food chain - for example KNDI's battery supplier.

Due diligence as always, but I expect this perspective is helpful.

Page and a half of generic Chinese electric micro-cars on Alibaba (including Kandi) Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Yes these are valid points, which should be taken into consideration when looking at KNDI.

I have seen both sides of stories, a hilarious name calling fiasco on SA.

However I am investing on KNDI for the the EV theme in China, and KNDI is in a very good position to be in the spotlight. I also do not think they can be compared to Tesla in any manner. However they will ride on the exposure of TSLA. So this is a very speculative play. Timing and execution can make or break the investment.

TSLA is becoming a global story, and the Asia, particularly the greater China region will catch fire soon. Just how they embrace Apple, they will become fans to super cool and super expensive products. There are not many items could be categorized into that group other than Tesla. A Tesla is a status symbol for the Elite, more prestigious than similarly priced luxury cars in China, because it has the aura of high tech and clean energy, which is priceless to the wealthy in China.

Consider KNDI the poor man's investment for TSLA. :cool:

Again extreme caution required. Even if you have the right theory, you could still lose money because it is very volatile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.