Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This +2016.

I just got back from the bank to fill out an application to enable option trading in my tax free account. Once I get that configured, I will be able to buy up to $25.5k in LEAPS, which I will do with the proceeds of some common sale. I too am reading the AAPL PDF, and I feel so lucky to have a tax free account at my disposal for this sort of play. It will undoubtedly be a bold move, but it's one I can make comfortably.

Not sure how the perfect buy in point for LEAPS will present itself, but i have a feeling we'll know. 2016's would be great to get in on some of the Model E action. Determining the best strike will be the hard part. Deep ITM Seems to be the way to go from what I've read so far. With start with this and then possibly get into a bull call spread over time.

Staying away from this thread after I do this will be very tough.

I have a TSFA with scotiabank and they dont allow spreads in the taxfree account. you could just set one up by buying/selling calls/puts but that ties up a lot of capital.

Wow I'm amazed that the after market stayed within my predicted range of 146-148...

Anyhow, DaveT is right that it's impossible to accurately predict the short term day to day movements and my predictions have been right probably out of pure luck...
But oh well, money made is still money made.

The ABC Nightline should be on 12:30 PT/ET last night. I saw the ad. I have programmed to record it.

I think that is the effect to the pre-market mini-rise.

Yes it was on the 12:30PT last night. I watched the recording. It started in a context of "Controversy", and that keywords get repeated at least 4 times.
A lot on Safety and the dealership fight. The President of Texas dealership shows up and claim Elon is all wrong.

They've been doing that the past 3 days in a row.......
seems like getting past 150 and staying past 150 is meeting stiff resistance. My guess is the shorts are seeing it as a bargain for them to short more at 150. It's just a matter of time before a massive short squeeze, maybe after another 1 or 2 increasingly profitable quarters when scaling to 100k+ cars and beyond per year is imminent. I think Tesla will eat there even before Gen III

Status
Not open for further replies.