Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some news? This is some sexy intraday chart (10 minute candles)
aug22_intraday_chart.JPG

I saw that too and SA said the same. Its wrong. Its 100,000+ by 2016

Yeah, what you said^

SA is the worst. Nonetheless, let's say it was 1,000,000 in 2016, if they pull that off then I'm not concerned about what the margin is (assuming they could get margins up after the fact). SA=worthless.

In other words, TSLA=blastoff! So much for my Sep $130/150 Bull call spread, haha. It's looking like I was way too conservative on that one. It was a good learning exercise.

Alright guys, just like we needed to be buying not freaking out when we were trading at $138 we need to start thinking about taking profits here and building back up our cash for the next drop. TSLA still looks range bound to me, I expect we'll hit $160 in the near term, but then I expect we'll revisit the 140s after that. I don't see anything on the horizon that is going to break us out of this channel and the overall market certainly isn't going to help us.

I'm selling the rest of my calls at the ATH. At $160 I'll probably start getting defensive.

Alright guys, just like we needed to be buying not freaking out when we were trading at $138 we need to start thinking about taking profits here and building back up our cash for the next drop. TSLA still looks range bound to me, I expect we'll hit $160 in the near term, but then I expect we'll revisit the 140s after that. I don't see anything on the horizon that is going to break us out of this channel and the overall market certainly isn't going to help us.

I'm selling the rest of my calls at the ATH. At $160 I'll probably start getting defensive.

Unless they come up With some News about the X NeXT week. Would be smart to use the momemtum from the NHTSA test for the wifeys! It`s also in the News in China aswell as Europe these days.

Just sayin!

newbie here. I dont quite get what's going on today. did institutions decide they would buy into tesla if the stock price goes north of 150? seems like there has been a lot of volume since we broke 150. this doesn't really make any sense to me.

Welcome to the stock market. If it made sense then it would be easy to day-trade, right?

newbie here. I dont quite get what's going on today. did institutions decide they would buy into tesla if the stock price goes north of 150? seems like there has been a lot of volume since we broke 150. this doesn't really make any sense to me.

Pretty much 150 was a level of technical resistance. Those that believe in the charts (i.e. 99.9% of institutions) were waiting to see if it would break 150 before making a decision. The next level of resistance is more like $160, so expect that if we break through that, a whole new round of buyers will get interested.

I know, it is weird. You'd think that if you like a company at $160 then you should like it at $140 even more. But, these guys don't care about the company, they care about the stock. That's very different. When dealing with technical analysis, you'll often see the chart tells you to wait to buy something until you see how things play out.

I've found the best way to make money in the stock market is to believe in the fundamentals, but respect the technicals. That way you buy at $140 because you believe in the company, but you know to hedge as you approach that 160 level.

That's some crazy spike up. I thought we would be range bound around the $150 mark but this is interesting to be up around $153/$154. Don't see any special news, so which would it be: short covering, someone knows something, or large entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.