Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Through $170 now. I'm tempted to start my common conversion.

Anyone care to chime in about cashing in now (ACB around $60) to book profits and buy LEAPS at the right time? I have no idea where this will stop, but the last few days feels a bit unreasonable.

OMG im starting to freak out! Im swedish so my account wont let me do any shorting or do any options so I do not know how to hedge against this insane rise. Im debating to just start selling. Ive been holding since 21. Tips or advice anyone?

Just sold some weekly $170 covered calls for $5 each.

Yeh, I'm not sure selling covered calls is a great strategy right now.. My Jan14 $165's are now ITM, and are at about $29, I sold them for $20. Normally on a pullback I could rebuy them for less than I sold them for, that's going to take a lot of patience now, or sell the stock high and close out the covered calls and take the small loss (in other words, wrong strategy was used)

OMG im starting to freak out! Im swedish so my account wont let me do any shorting or do any options so I do not know how to hedge against this insane rise. Im debating to just start selling. Ive been holding since 21. Tips or advice anyone?

I think a lot of us are in this boat. ckessel brought up the point that we've been here before, but this time feels different. I am also caught in the headlights. I might just put in a stop and say "That was a good run." Book my profit and take some time to think about my next move without fretting over the ticker.

edit: I say this as we're destroying $172. WTF.

Yeah since it blew by $170 it looks like the wrong trade, but the options premiums are still pretty high, so rather than buy a put for downside protection, I sold the calls. If I get net $175 for my Tesla I'll be fine with the trade. Although it could pull back between now and Friday and I'll get to keep my shares and pocket the option premium....

hahaha, what a good problem you have there....

- - - Updated - - -

New report of 300 orders in Hong Kong

Isn't that old news? I heard that one month ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.