Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can see that this is a classic day trader's test pattern.

Interesting also since I noticed what seemed somewhat like the opposite pattern, over longer periods: trades in the 7k -20k range, every 4-5 min or so, driving the price down, in the midst of many smaller volume trades increasing the price. It felt like the natural tendency was up, except for these periodic larger trades. SO now this larger increase felt like balancing that out (to some degree).

It seems to me if it was a day trade test pattern then the ave buy price was lower than the ave sell price and they collected a premium rather than paying one ( neglecting transaction cost.) Am I missing something here???
Yep. The subsequent sell order is at a price higher than the buy so it was a net positive for the test. I don't see net 100k difference. I only see 20k difference in volume for the full 5 minutes. So some other people followed the trade. Level 3. 4 letter abbreviation of participating MM. I think luvb2b has that if I remember correctly from one of his previous posts. Which means you have to be very cozy with one of the MM.

We are assuming that the same person would route the same order through the same exchange dominated by the same market makers who has to take on the opposite bid and that there's only this particular trader on this particular exchange. Only in this condition can we analyze whether or not it is a day trader test. But for normal purposes, judging the volume for me is enough, I'll never make a decision fast enough if I wait for absolute 100% certainty on the information.

My broker says "on the news wire" there is news of insiders selling and that is the 650,000 trade today. I don't see this validated by other news sources. Anyone seeing this?
Selling would drive the price down as it tries to find matches from potential buyers. Only buying would drive it up like that.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note that giant trade to me looks like either a typo or a bug in a computer program. No one is going to buy that much stock on a market order on purpose. All he had to do was have a broker run an algo that executes without moving the price. Remember, most the volume on the market comes from computers, not humans.

Could that spike have been an underwriter of the notes (US Bank) "propping it up" to push up again past 162 temporarily? One day slightly below 161.88 is nothing - let's see how the rest of the month shakes out. I now they have sold some of the notes as bonds so they are trading under the pps. Holders will not want to see it go down much more than this point.

There was a trade in AH for 49,300 shares:

image.jpg

Rough day, but still off the lows. Other than Mr. Party Pooper NYU Professor's comments, someone may know something we don't know.. could be manipulation of the sorts to get ready for news... hopefully positive. One thing for sure I keep seeing more and more Tesla's in my area each week. Another superstar LNKD got hit today, albeit less than TSLA, if it makes ya'll feel better. Cheer up we are still in the 160's! :)

Last edited:
Short-Term TSLA Price Movements

this continued fall AH has me worried.
many of you know much more then i do. But you never know what this stock is actually going to do.

How much more of a pull back are you guys all expecting? This guy thinks it will come down to the 50 day at $140
Tesla Shares Could Be in Line for Technical Beating - MoneyBeat - WSJ

Ignore the noise. Even if Tesla looses half or more of its value in the short term for no apparent reason, it won't matter.

The big money won't be here for years. Look at how long it took AAPL to really take off, and note that there were huge bumps along the way. If you believe that Tesla can execute, enjoy the roller coaster ride and the Wall Street people tripping all over themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.