Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of shot myself in the foot carrying 200 shares of tesla from 109.(Been hoping on and off this train since 39$, holding it throughout wouldve been ideal!!)

Sold 2 calls for $2k prem, back in August 22nd @160 (it hit 160 that day i made the trade)
I would love for tesla to hover under 165 until this expires on the 21st! Figured I shouldn't get too greedy and that I should be rolling out some of my positions. Best way to do that is to write calls.

: / ultimately though Tesla is only going to keep going up.

While futures are up, I do think we need to be cautious with the looming Fed statement on Tuesday.

We've seen this story time and again and I think this might be the calm before a storm.

Despite how many of us are optimistic about TSLA, myself included, I say this as a generality because TSLA is not immune from overall market conditions.

Aggravatingly inane banter re BMW and Audi coming out with killer competition to Tesla, yet nobody mentions this "competition" are ICE/battery hybrids, not pure BEVs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/bmw-...sla-s-competition-etIHqmyoQqyxGtteqmYyPw.html

Was disappointed Andrea James, who's come across in previous interviews as sharp and quick to the debate, didn't bring up the fact that the BMW i8 can only go 22 miles in pure electric mode, and will cost $135,700.

TSLA is trying to go up but there is some serious resistance at $170. It goes up to $169.90 and the shorts start selling to prevent TSLA from breaking $170. There is no downward pressure on the stock at all, and there is plenty upward pressure.

The longs are just playing with the shorts. Eventually someone is going to say that enough is enough and will blast through the $170 with a high volume order. Then all of the momo traders will jump on the bandwagon and TSLA might reach an ATH as soon as today.

That is my prediction for today, since this is a short-term thread afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.