Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@brianstorms: A few days ago I read an article about the IAA and the i8 and it was the same story, how the i8 could compete with the Tesla. Then I read on: 35km range electric, 120k+ € price. I thought: are You kidding me ??
Most authors over here have no idea or are paid by the industry. On a first look, the i8 looks really cool, but when You put together it's wing doors and think "garage"...could be problematic.
There is no way the i8 can be competition for a 480 km pure electric range car starting at 71k € and recharging for free. Rich mans toy ? If I ever saw a rich mans toy, it's the i8. Concept car. Next please...

TSLA is trying to go up but there is some serious resistance at $170. It goes up to $169.90 and the shorts start selling to prevent TSLA from breaking $170. There is no downward pressure on the stock at all, and there is plenty upward pressure.

The longs are just playing with the shorts. Eventually someone is going to say that enough is enough and will blast through the $170 with a high volume order. Then all of the momo traders will jump on the bandwagon and TSLA might reach an ATH as soon as today.

That is my prediction for today, since this is a short-term thread afterall.

that's what i thought too 15 min ago but it seems there is not much buyers to pass that level and make the shorts run after...
loosing 169.5 and TSLA may visit 167.5 again

TSLA is trying to go up but there is some serious resistance at $170. It goes up to $169.90 and the shorts start selling to prevent TSLA from breaking $170. There is no downward pressure on the stock at all, and there is plenty upward pressure.

It keeps pressing up...

EDIT: Except for that dip caused by global weather all over the markets....

Last edited:
Aggravatingly inane banter re BMW and Audi coming out with killer competition to Tesla, yet nobody mentions this "competition" are ICE/battery hybrids, not pure BEVs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/bmw-...sla-s-competition-etIHqmyoQqyxGtteqmYyPw.html

Was disappointed Andrea James, who's come across in previous interviews as sharp and quick to the debate, didn't bring up the fact that the BMW i8 can only go 22 miles in pure electric mode, and will cost $135,700.

Yeah me too, pretty disappointed in what she did not say. I sincerely don't think any of these analysts do even 50% diligence. I mean we are talking about just the basics that they need to know.

I should start drawing my account curve vs. TSLA stock. Another day of 1~1.5% over the stock performance. My account is 2+% up compare to TSLA's less than 1%. My number is the best when TSLA is within the 1% range. The accumulating effect of one week of 1~1.5% over the stock is awesome.

Last edited:
Aside from what looks like TSLA's normal volatility (165ish +/- 5-10%), the stock hasn't really moved in 3 weeks.

While I was addicted to the rush of the 5-10 point moves up in one day, this stability we're seeng now day to day (not intraday stability yet) is a great thing, albeit temporary. We all know sooner or later this thing is going to bust out of this range, could be tomorrow or in early Nov when the earnings are released.
One thing is that I'm not going to gamble on when that is by trying to sell weekly calls against my long position as I don't want to miss out on this bust out when it happens.

Looks like there isn't as many buyers out there as I thought there might be. The silver lining here is that if TSLA doesn't go up in the next few weeks, then it might set us up for another potential earnings surprise play with short-term options.

Unless Tesla now has a reputation among investors for sandbagging its future quarter projections, I think a bounce from an earnings "surprise" (unsurprising to us at TMC) is quite likely. The problem is that it could be a bounce back to where we are now from somewhere lower.

Aside from what looks like TSLA's normal volatility (165ish +/- 5-10%), the stock hasn't really moved in 3 weeks.

I know what you are saying, of course, however there is another way to look at it:

We broke through the "sawtooth" short-term downward trend, which was limiting the highs, while getting further above the long-term trend for the lower bound:

2013-09-16-TSLA-chart.png

("sawtooth" refers to charts which others posted a few days ago.)

I think it's great. Just free PR, and the accusation is ridiculous, Tesla will only profit from the discussion about it.

Totally.

Aren't car dealerships among the lowest-ranked on those lists of businesses people prefer to be visit? And well-known to be on the take, courtesy of decades of lobbying elected officials? They're in a pretty weak position to complain about Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.