Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. This can get ugly really quick.

I sold my March 250s and bought some weekly puts $180 and $170.

Freefall coming in 3,2,1...

+1000000

I don't like to be making major moves, but I don't see this ending well.

- - - Updated - - -

Word of the fire just hit twitter. I'm surprised how long it took. Traders seem to largely be ignoring it.

It's not public enough yet.

- - - Updated - - -

The folks who are moving out are miniscule compared to the folks who think this is a normal drop and possible buying opportunity.

+1000000

I don't like to be making major moves, but I don't see this ending well.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not public enough yet.

- - - Updated - - -

The folks who are moving out are miniscule compared to the folks who think this is a normal drop and possible buying opportunity.

The news is starting to filter into aggregators. But regular news outlets will want comment from Tesla, and or the fire department before they do much with this.

The news is starting to filter into aggregators. But regular news outlets will want comment from Tesla, and or the fire department before they do much with this.

Wouldn't the algos already be trading on this information?

I thought that in today's day and age as soon as it is on the internet, the algos trade within miliseconds.

What are your thoughts on this?

Relax. In the background You clearly see a car with a damaged front. Also the right front of the Model S is heavily damaged. One of those two cars probably took the priority in traffic of the other or the Tesla
changed lane and the other drove into it. I assume, that the Tesla driver probably did that and the other car hit him at the front side. The speed must have been considerable, because the cars are quite far apart.
Heavy impact at the Tesla front. That probably caused the fire. So dont panic over a simple accident please. A few weeks ago Elon stated that so far NO Tesla battery ever has caught fire. We can still assume that
to be true. The fire in this case was with a high probability caused by the accident. ....breathe ! :)

Where do you see another car?

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't the algos already be trading on this information?

I thought that in today's day and age as soon as it is on the internet, the algos trade within miliseconds.

What are your thoughts on this?

I would guess that they would only be looking at information from a defined list (even if a big one). Otherwise a broad search might just find someone commenting about the possibility of a fire in a thread or something.

Like I say, this isn't on any news sites yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, if the algo's are particularly sophisticated, they might have learned to disregard anything posted by Jalopnik.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, my thesis for the stock in the near term has changed. I don't care what Wall Street computers are thinking.

The Ichimacku shows support around $181... Although, we did gap up back when DB upgraded the price target from $166 to $170, idk if that means we should fill in that gap, because before that we had already crossed $170... Anyway, I'm going to buy if it gets to $182... And then have more cash on hand in case it goes into the $170s... At $175 I'm just going all in.

Looks like the front two tires are severely on fire along with the front bumper. Could have been some type of fuel in the frunk. Doesn't look like the batteries were on fire otherwise most of the car would have been affected. But let's see what the investigators find.

Status
Not open for further replies.