Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Made some really aggressive moves the past few days and it paid off. I've repaired most of the damage caused by the debt ceiling sell-off. I'm going to book most of these gains though, the trend is still broken so I don't have an edge in the short term. I did set up some stuff for post earnings which I am going to let run.

Its going to be difficult to get through this resistance point today. IF we do close above 178.50, its a good sign IMHO that we found the bottom of the "new channel".

ZFxtXz9k.png

Its going to be difficult to get through this resistance point today. IF we do close above 178.50, its a good sign IMHO that we found the bottom of the "new channel".

ZFxtXz9k.png

Just slammed through $178.50 like it was nothing. You have to admit we are getting some help from SCTY today. I mean, everyone just got a huge reminder that you don't really want to be short Elon.

Aw yeah, got rid of one of the puts just below my highest sell price so I can consider it a neutral transaction. Margin fell a third and now I care far far less for short term volatility :) That was mostly for my own calmness :) However my delta for TSLA is great enough that I've moved up some 12% on the whole portfolio with todays upwards move.

At $178.5, I have completed the hedging to make my account balanced, once again. It has been off-balanced for 2 weeks, most of the time, and very rarely in my Tesla investment the last 6 months. Starting from an off-balanced portfolio makes the adjustment much harder when market moved fast against my portfolio.

This stock is moved by news, and as much as by the technical factors, with the latter overwhelms the former at least half of time. Playing solely on all these expected news and anticipated development, which get talked about here more often, will hurt more than half of the time.

Dear Moderator,

How about a separate thread for exchange traded options strategies? This thread has become so cluttered with options discussions that it must be discouraging to non-members who are considering a purchase of TSLA shares and come here to learn something about what might drive the stock. It's been keeping me away.

Dear Moderator,

How about a separate thread for exchange traded options strategies? This thread has become so cluttered with options discussions that it must be discouraging to non-members who are considering a purchase of TSLA shares and come here to learn something about what might drive the stock. It's been keeping me away.

I second this, we already have a couple threads for options...

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...china-while-tesla-tests-waters-151828782.html

"Chinese consumers may also get a chance to buy one of the hottest cars in the market: Tesla’s (TSLA) Model S. According to CNN, Tesla tweeted on a Chinese microblogging site this week that reservations were now being accepted for its Model S electric car. But demands by the Chinese government may hinder Tesla’s opportunities in this rapidly expanding auto market, Hyde notes."

I thought that TSLA has been excepting reservations in China for over a month now? What is the case here, did they just open reservations this week or have they been taking reservations since August?

Thanks.

A quick tour of baidu.com and google translating the search results for Tesla Model S paints a highly satisfactory picture.

Chinese commentators would appear to love the elegance power of the Model S and they are hooked on the idea of Elon Musk as Iron Man.

This looks good.

Dear Moderator,

I second this, we already have a couple threads for options...

+3 here as I've been skipping the posts that talk about options in this thread.

Dear Moderator,

I certainly understand what you're saying, but it seems like options and short term stock movement are fairly inextricably intertwined.

Status
Not open for further replies.