Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also looking for a chartist to plot this.

tsla1.jpg

Although I am panicking in my heart, my head is telling me this is the movement we need this week. Today is absolutely painful. Those who were not willing to short who got burned in April are probably going to start to short now. There appears to be too much easy money to be made.

If Tesla has great earnings... I'd argue we're in store for another short squeeze which may match the level of epic-ness in Q1.

Just broke $157.
So I never managed to get timing right, but you guys convinced me we might go even lower before ER now that157 has been broken. Was thinking about selling due to the expectedoverreaction to the fire. I just got out at 156.5, booking a loss of 2k, but still up 10% on my original capital invested. I am also emptying my cahs accounts and waiting for a buy-in. I keep telling myself the fundamentals are still the same, and Q3 will "surprise" the market, we will see a jump. Just not sure about that $200 mark this year anymore...

Weak longs, it's all emotional! People are getting scared as they've seen the huge paper gains on their monthly statements and see some portion of it evaporate. What they don't realize, they're contributing to the downfall by selling. Thinking, oh I'll get back in later at a lower price. Think twice people, is all I can say. If you're long, stay long! You were not selling when it hit $193 but now suddenly you are selling???

Weak longs, it's all emotional! People are getting scared as they've seen the huge paper gains on their monthly statements and see some portion of it evaporate. What they don't realize, they're contributing to the downfall by selling. Thinking, oh I'll get back in later at a lower price. Think twice people, is all I can say. If you're long, stay long! You were not selling when it hit $193 but now suddenly you are selling???

That is market psychology 101 for you right there. If you embrace these principles, come up with a disciplined trading strategy and stick to it, then you can make a lot of money.

Exactly how I feel. I guess its easier for me because I bought when they were in the twenties... but I have been picking up a few shares here and there in the 150-175 range still. I say a few in a literal sense. I don't have THAT much money to throw around haha.

Still the sentiment is the same. I am not selling because I believe Tesla will be double this price next year.

Disclaimer: I am a novice at best at investing in stocks.

Another important point to remember is that in the week leading up to the prior two ER, there has been a similar (albeit less extreme) decline in the stock price. I sort of expected this sort of thing to happen, but of course, it happened before I had positioned well anough to take full advantage of it (still buying here, but adding to a huge, but dwindling position).

Best-case scenario: another short squeeze and my position explodes
Wort case scenario: an unexpected miss (or market underreaction), my position implodes, and I owe less to the IRS :)

You are right, thanks for the reminder. Today is indeed a test of the nerves!

Status
Not open for further replies.