Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch, if they delivered 5500 cars it would be good to know how much went into the pipeline. So far everyone's putting it around 500 cars, but if that was 1k or so, then that's a good indicator.

Also, they mention that they are at 550 cars / week right now (or did I misunderstand that they were at end of Q3?).

Might be nothing but I see the word "significantly" and along with another thread on here I saw(can't find it) about production dates for customers cars were being moved up got me thinking.

the market just took $2billion in market share away from TSLA. I'm not sure who's the idiot here.

How convenient to forget that the market also paid off the DOE loan for Tesla, bankrolled the Model X, SuperCharger, Service Center and Gallery expansion, bought a lot of people's 100k cars for them, etc... Yep, this is the short term thread and in the short term bye-bye to the $2 billion that the market put there over the past two day. On the other hand, in the short term the market took back $2 billion of the 'how many billions they put in in the last six months'? I'm quite confident I know who the idiot is.

CNBC just said Tesla delivered "fewer than expected" vehicles.

Wondering whose numbers they used for that, esp. considering increased 2013 delivery guidance...wasn't analyst consensus 5200-5300?

I want to say the run up on monday was due to everyone expecting this huge beat. Alot of articles out there kept quoting this 6200 expected number. i think that is what did it all in in the delivery aspect. People also not liking any 2014 guidance.

uh hum. Anyone ever heard of a manufacturer of any description let alone an automotive manufacturer reporting cash flow positive growth?

Is not auto manufacturing supposed to be a capex-intensive money pit according to the bears (brace for dilution etc)? These guys ARE growing on internally generated cash with money to spare.

And a lot of people we're saying that you were wrong about that even being possible in your latest article. (I know it was a bit of semantics about putting the cost of capital to 0 which may be incorrect, but still I got your point just fine). Here's the first bit of evidence that it is actually possible. And this is the thing that truly can make Tesla unstoppable for next decade.

CNBC just said Tesla delivered "fewer than expected" vehicles.

Wondering whose numbers they used for that, esp. considering increased 2013 delivery guidance...wasn't analyst consensus 5200-5300?

one be thing I hope Elon says on call is "we Delivered 5500 but PRODUCED 6xxx in Q3. Many cars on boat to EU and loaner cars"

the street needs to understand the EU boat delta and hear that they really PRODUCED 6xxx cars.

ALSO, Elon needs to speak about DEMAND and expectations.

If Tesla opens down (around $150-$160), I'm increasing my position by 50 percent. Any short term losses should be viewed as long term buying opportunities. I'm confident there is a positive reason Tesla reported a loss (Such as Tesla increasing the facilities to accommodate strong demand or investing in the Supercharge Network/ store expansion?). I'm going to wait for the conference call to end, then might head to Manhattan. Anyone in the area want to meet for a post conference call drink? The only information I need to know is that demand for the Model S and Model X is growing, and will exceed 100,000 units per year by 2016 (Model S + Model X), and that Tesla achieved gross margins of 21 percent excluding ZEV credits.

There are currently no analysts analysts "expecting" Tesla to sell 25,000 Model S per year, let alone 50,000+

Last edited:
one be thing I hope Elon says on call is "we Delivered 5500 but PRODUCED 6xxx in Q3. Many cars on boat to EU and loaner cars"

the street needs to understand the EU boat delta and hear that they really PRODUCED 6xxx cars.

In addition to your points, the recent ramp up in production and some sort of idea for Q4 and 2014 deliveries.

- - - Updated - - -

yes I would just like to listen in the phone number please

I checked it myself and there is no number, just a live webcast.

I concur with this. It seems that this would support the stock back up, because many viewed this as a downer. It's pathetic to see comments on these live blogs where people were spewing bad information.

Status
Not open for further replies.